• PBR Axxis (Protege Garage)

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters

CTt3P5

TAD
Contributor
:
2016 GT ST 47A
Time to get new pads for all four corners of my P5 and I don't know which to get. In the past I have always taken my cars to a mechanic to perform brake jobs but from what I understand they aren't that difficult so I thought I would give it a try and save myself some $$$. My car is a daily driver and I am my goal is to find a long lasting pad that is a decent price and quiet.

Here is a list of options I have found and I am open to any others. Would also like to get the opinions of those who have run with any of these pads...what were your likes/dislikes...etc.

1) Mechanic - Approx. $395 + tax (Wagner Therma Quiet front and rear pads and any extras and machining of rotors) 2yr 24,000 mile warranty

2) http://www.onlinemazdaparts.com - Approx. $150 (OEM front and rear pads with shims etc) shipped

3) Advance Auto - $46 for front and $28 for rear (Bendix organic, no extras) lifetime warranty - can only get front shims for $14

4) Auto Zone - $23 for front (non-asbestos organic) and $25 for rear (semi-mettalic (Duralast) lifetime warranty - extras available at additional cost

5) Local Speed Shop - $45 for front and $30 for rear (Raybestos metallic) - extras available at additional cost

6) http://www.mazda3online.com/

a) Hawk HPS - $59 for front and $59 for rear shipped

b) PBR Axxis - $50 for front and $50 for rear shipped

Last edited:
I considered this same situation soon after I bought my P5 6 months ago, which I drive every day (a lot more now that my work moved).

I was worried performance pads would eat my rotors and make noise, so I decided on OEM replacements. I didn't want to fork out for Mazda parts, so I got EBC Ultimax pads. They're pretty touchy, and beginning to squeek a little now. Next time I'll get genuine Mazda parts.

What about those "Satisfied" pads from the Tire Rack?

i'm kinda torn as well as to which to set to buy. i too am looking for a decent price for a daily driver. i dont need anything too extreme. not going to do any autocrossing. in the past, i've used the bendix from adv. auto. i loved the fact that they are lifetime. meaning if they run low, pick you up another set for free. i'm looking to buy them again for the P5 this time. they've got a set for $45 organic, and ceramic CT's for $62. what do you guys think? does anyone have any negative opinions about them?

Back