Rosen DVD Head Rest Players Installed

Alpha Wolf

:
Mazda, CX7, Touring Model, Liquid Platinum
I had a pair of Rosen Head Rest DVD players installed.

7" screens.

Wireless Head phones (3)

You can play a movie in the right head rest and watch it there or on both.
Or you can watch two different movies at the same time.
Or one can watch movies while the other plays one of 15 video games that are built in using the wireless game controllers (2)

You can also play through the Bose by the FM transmitter. Which with my poor experience with my Ipod in my truck using the $40 one I did not expect much. Much to my suprise they work quite well.

(headbang)

Attachments

• CX7 DVD Headrests2.jpg
    CX7 DVD Headrests2.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 1,254
  • CX7 DVD Headrests1.jpg
    CX7 DVD Headrests1.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 1,195
  • CX7 DVD Headrests 003.jpg
    CX7 DVD Headrests 003.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 1,631
Alpha Wolf said:

7" screens.

Wireless Head phones (3)

Or one can watch movies while the other plays one of 15 video games that are built in using the wireless game controllers (2)

You can also play through the Bose by the FM transmitter. Which with my poor experience with my Ipod in my truck using the $40 one I did not expect much. Much to my suprise they work quite well.

(headbang)

Looks nice, but you need a better camera or maybe focus better (sssh)

cdesigns said:
Looks nice, but you need a better camera or maybe focus better (sssh)

You are right.... My camera does not take closeups well. It blurs.

I will try to take some with the wifes. It's better and hope it makes up for my lousy picture taking...

They look awsome!!

I want to get this type of setup in my MS6. I know my son appreciates our Envoy moreso than the MS6 since he can watch the wiggles and Thomas the Tank engine on call! :) This would even the playing field and get me more 'family drive time'!!

Do you have a link, or did Best Buy (or similar install them?)

-Mike

I had a local car audio/video specialty shop install it. I would not let some 16 year old at best buy cut into my car personnally

They were AV7000 Headrest systems

Here is the link to Rosen

http://www.rosenentertainment.com

They don't list our car but my installer found our headrests match another car they do have. A 2006 Ford Freestyle.

These have a 3 year warranty the over head ones have a lifetime warranty.

Nice clear screen.

DVD loads buy pushing on the top of the screen and it unit tilts out and you insert the dvd at the top.

Only downside is cost. $1600 installed.

Last edited:
mikey1981 said:
Do you have a screen up front somewhere?

Not yet. They have 2 more monitor ports but due to my budget I am holding off putting in a visor monitors until next year.

Alpha Wolf said:
I had a local car audio/video specialty shop install it. I would not let some 16 year old at best buy cut into my car personnally

They were AV7000 Headrest systems

Here is the link to Rosen

http://www.rosenentertainment.com

They don't list our car but my installer found our headrests match another car they do have. A 2006 Ford Freestyle.

These have a 3 year warranty the over head ones have a lifetime warranty.

Nice clear screen.

DVD loads buy pushing on the top of the screen and it unit tilts out and you insert the dvd at the top.

Only downside is cost. $1600 installed.

the system is self contained in the headrest?

mikey1981 said:
the system is self contained in the headrest?

There is a link box under my seat connecting the two and where the additional screens would plug into.

The DVDs are built into the headrest. You push the top of the screen and it tilts out exposing the slot for the DVD MP3 CD to go into.

Sweet...wish I could do that but I never keep my cars long enough....I am trying to keep it more than 3 years...really I am!! I am just working on the hubby for rims but it's around $800 for that! Love the headrest systems!

cruzdreamer said:
Sweet...wish I could do that but I never keep my cars long enough....I am trying to keep it more than 3 years...really I am!! I am just working on the hubby for rims but it's around $800 for that! Love the headrest systems!

I tend to keep my vehicles a long time.

My wife thinks too long at times....(confused)

My truck that I will be selling I have had for 16 years. I like purchasing a vehicle, paying it off and then get it the way I like and then no payments for 10 or so years.

So I tend to mod my rides over time.

Looks good. Just might have to do this for the MS6.

R

Alpha Wolf said:

7" screens.

Wireless Head phones (3)

(headbang)

Those gadgets will sure come in handy when my kids are making a fuss in the car... question thou, isn't the original headrest suppose to be designed with safety in mind? i.e. something about whip-splash and reducing the impact on the neck? So by having replaced it entirely with this device, we will lose this safety feature?

bfg100k said:
Those gadgets will sure come in handy when my kids are making a fuss in the car... question thou, isn't the original headrest suppose to be designed with safety in mind? i.e. something about whip-splash and reducing the impact on the neck? So by having replaced it entirely with this device, we will lose this safety feature?

You still have functional headrests. the part behind the bars is now occupied by the DVD players. The front portion still functions for protecting your head

Back