EEK!! I've got a squeak

Marcori

One month and 800 miles in to owning my CX-7, and I'm starting to get a squeak. It's one of those occassional high pitched squeaks that happens on and off, as I'm driving over some bumps. It sounds like it's coming from somewhere in, under or behind the dash, but I can't tell. At first I thought it was from something I had in the glove box, but it's not. I'm just afraid if I bring it in it'll be one of those things that the dealer either says didn't happen when they test drove it or they won't be able to find where it's coming from. Eek! (nailbyt)

I don't get a squeak, but I get a creak from the button panel that includes the TCS on/off button to the left of the steering wheel. I'm gonna complain about it when I get my oil changed.

Marcori said:
One month and 800 miles in to owning my CX-7, and I'm starting to get a squeak. It's one of those occassional high pitched squeaks that happens on and off, as I'm driving over some bumps. It sounds like it's coming from somewhere in, under or behind the dash, but I can't tell. At first I thought it was from something I had in the glove box, but it's not. I'm just afraid if I bring it in it'll be one of those things that the dealer either says didn't happen when they test drove it or they won't be able to find where it's coming from. Eek! (nailbyt)

Well, like I mentioned in another Mazda forum, you gotta feed those squirrels!

Vince.(cabpatch)

If your squeak is the same as I had, it is the center console latch. Try this, get a small amount of grease, & put it on the latch. I did this & the squeak went away.

MZ CX-7 AB said:
If your squeak is the same as I had, it is the center console latch. Try this, get a small amount of grease, & put it on the latch. I did this & the squeak went away.

Great advice, MZ! What kind of grease did you use? (I'm sorry, I'm a moron about these things).

Drivers side seat on my CX7 (1500 miles) is now squeaking so bad it is driving me nutts. I haven't been able to track it down yet and since there is so much crap under the seat, I don't think I'll be able to get to it. It squeaks on bumps.

Time to take it back to the dealership ... again.

Infymus said:
Drivers side seat on my CX7 (1500 miles) is now squeaking so bad it is driving me nutts. I haven't been able to track it down yet and since there is so much crap under the seat, I don't think I'll be able to get to it. It squeaks on bumps.

Time to take it back to the dealership ... again.

Infymus, please keep us updated. I still haven't been able to track mine down either. I'm usually alone in the car, but the worst squeaking was when my partner was riding in the passenger seat, so maybe it is in the seats.

Thanks to "MZ CX-7 AB" for pointing me in the right direction. I've been experimenting over the last month or so trying to figure out where the squeak was coming from and I'm convinced that it was from the center console latch. To test this I put a tissue (yes, it was clean) over the latch, and haven't heard a squeak since. I think my more permanent fix might be a piece of felt glued down over the spot where the latch hooks in.

Infymus, any update on your squeak?

Similar...

Got a similar click on the console...but what is the Center console latch? where exactly did you put the grease? did you remove sth ?
Thanx.

Back