The engine just dropped out of my car!

nondual

:
2007 Mazdaspeed3
Yup! On the way to Krav Maga, I went through a bumpy intersection and heard and felt a grinding. I parked and looked at the engine - the driver's side was sunk down at least 3 or 4 inches and the whole thing shifted forward. Mazda Roadside Assistance got a AAA truck out there, but the dealers are all closed so it had to go to the AAA guy's shop.

I have no idea how long this will take, but I'm glad the car's under warranty. I start a new job on next Tuesday though and I have no idea how I'll be getting to work.

nondual said:
Yup! On the way to Krav Maga, I went through a bumpy intersection and heard and felt a grinding. I parked and looked at the engine - the driver's side was sunk down at least 3 or 4 inches and the whole thing shifted forward. Mazda Roadside Assistance got a AAA truck out there, but the dealers are all closed so it had to go to the AAA guy's shop.

I have no idea how long this will take, but I'm glad the car's under warranty. I start a new job on next Tuesday though and I have no idea how I'll be getting to work.
pictures

Not to be totally insensitive or anything but this is the 4th time i'm seeing this post with no proof to back it up. Its like a silly rumor that people want to perpetuate.

I believed it the first couple of times.. now its getting ridiculous.

Nutari said:
Can't, it's already at the shop. I didn't have my camera in the car either.

It was truly a scary sight to behold.

On the plus side, Mazda Roadside Assistance was helpful and the guy got there much more quickly than I thought he might.

Nutari said:
Not to be totally insensitive or anything but this is the 4th time i'm seeing this post with no proof to back it up. Its like a silly rumor that people want to perpetuate.

I believed it the first couple of times.. now its getting ridiculous.
You're ******* kidding me, right?

No, I didn't have a camera, I needed emergency roadside assistance, for ****'s sake! Sorry if I was preoccupied.

Some people....Geez!

nondual said:
You're ******* kidding me, right?

No, I didn't have a camera, I needed emergency roadside assistance, for ****'s sake! Sorry if I was preoccupied.

Some people....Geez!
No need to swear at me. Its just hard to believe a rumor like this one.

Nutari said:
No need to swear at me. Its just hard to believe a rumor like this one.
Rumor?

Look, I understand fanboi-ism, but what reason do you have to disbelieve me?

After all this, I still love the car. I'm glad it's under warranty though. First production year glitches, I s'pose.

nondual said:
Rumor?

Look, I understand fanboi-ism, but what reason do you have to disbelieve me?

After all this, I still love the car. I'm glad it's under warranty though. First production year glitches, I s'pose.
Lol.. your engine dropping out of your car is a little more than a 'glitch'

(glare)

as per the 'reason for disbelive'. I have NEVER heard of this kind of thing happening ever before.

Nutari said:
Lol.. your engine dropping out of your car is a little more than a 'glitch'

(glare)

as per the 'reason for disbelive'. I have NEVER heard of this kind of thing happening ever before.
I thought you'd heard of it four times already.

Yeah, more than a glitch, but so far this month:

1) I hosed my Macintosh and had to get a new hard drive (no backup, most data lost).

2) My nursing contract was cancelled the day after I got to Los Angeles.

3) My glasses broke and I JUST got new ones today (cost me $300).

4) The engine fell out of my car.

Of these four things, only the first and fourth were WARRANTIED. So, as long as they hand me the car back in some semblance of 'working order' within a week, I'll be okay. Freaked out, but okay.

I've seen pictures of a 3's (Don't remember if it was an MS3) tranny mount failing and causing the motor to shift (fall) as you've described ... I'm sure it's floating around here somewhere on the forums. Hope you get it patched up without too much hassle - insist on a loaner from Mazda.

On a side note - you should have no prob. picking up a new travel contract here in LA ...

Bala de Plata said:
I've seen pictures of a 3's (Don't remember if it was an MS3) tranny mount failing and causing the motor to shift (fall) as you've described ... I'm sure it's floating around here somewhere on the forums. Hope you get it patched up without too much hassle - insist on a loaner from Mazda.

On a side note - you should have no prob. picking up a new travel contract here in LA ...
Yeah, I already picked one up...I should start on Tuesday.

Yeah, I think I deserve a loaner too...I'm just wondering if the dealer's gonna try to blame it on me somehow. There are no mods and I never race though, so....

i have heard and seen pictures of this. and looks like bala de plata found them. no rumor...nore do i know why someone would start a rumor like that

GhostMercury said:
i have heard and seen pictures of this. and looks like bala de plata found them. no rumor...nore do i know why someone would start a rumor like that
because thats what the internet is all about. duh.

btw I just made a million dollars by forwarding a microsoft email. True story. I can even post pictures!

nondual said:
Wow...that engine compartment photo looked almost EXACTLY like what my engine looked like.

I broke a tranny mount or a motor mount? I couldn't see anything broken actually, but it was about 8:30 and very dark.

Welcome to the city of Angels... who says s*** doesnt happen in LA! What dealer did ya get towed to?

Nutari said:
because thats what the internet is all about. duh.

btw I just made a million dollars by forwarding a microsoft email. True story. I can even post pictures!

Dude let it go already.... just because you never heard of something doesnt mean its BS....

The way that engine jumps around in there when you shift I would be suprised if the whole motor jumped out lol. Sorry about your bad luck man, things will get better soon.

Ok this is some scary s***...
WTF is wrong with these motor mounts?
Is this occuring from loose bolts?

Back