JDM OEM foot lamps installed!

:
2001 BJFP MT
:
2016 BMYFS AT
In an effort to make the car a little nicer (after seeing many nice cars having these STOCK already), I decided to buy the accessory foot lamp kit from Japan. Mazda shafted us as usual and only offered this kit in Japan. They did NOT sell it in any other country.

But it all fits perfectly "backwards" and even the wiring is compatible!

The Familia is now old and I believe that there's not many accessories left available for it. It took over a month just to source it within Japan! So I've been in an accessory buying frenzy before it's too late!

kitbox.jpg

kit.jpg

The kit comes with green and red bulb condoms so that you can choose which color you want... of course you don't have to put them over the little 1.4 watt bulbs, but I chose the red ones to match the interior lighting :D

installed.jpg

I wrote a how-to for this since no English instructions will ever be available officially. It's very easy to install! http://www.protegefaq.net/footlamp/

For DX models and LX models without keyless entry, there is a more expensive kit that includes a light control module for delayed off... but since I have keyless entry, I only needed the cheaper kit... it's still easy to install the other kit according to the instructions... the instructions also say it'll only work for a 2001-2003.. I'm not exactly sure why but it's probably because the gauge cluster wiring in the 99-00 models are different... there maybe a different kit for those cars, not sure... I'll have to check into that whenever

cool, looks good - and JDM to boot! :D

are the only power wires tot he lights fromt he gauge cluster wire taps? i have been contemplating piecing together a home-brew kit like this, and have wondered about where to tap the wires.

yes, it taps off the gauge cluster wires
what you see when you close the doors (lights stay on a bit and starts dimming off) is what you get when you tap off those 2 wires

TheMAN said:
yes, it taps off the gauge cluster wires
what you see when you close the doors (lights stay on a bit and starts dimming off) is what you get when you tap off those 2 wires

great, thanks.

wow all that light from two bulbs? looks really good. where did you get it from?

Just installed mine today. I can't imagine installing this kit without Edwin's guide and even with the guide it took me about an hour of so.

Back