Not open for further replies.

Captain KRM P5

Contributor
:
2002 BJFW, 2007 BK3P, 1979 SA22C, 2005 BK3P
UPDATE : maximum core CFM = 675 CFM
UPDATE : more pics on page 4
UPDATE : initial drive impressions

alright took the car out for a good hour plus this evening and logged some time and miles on it. first thing to note - no check engine light whatsoever of any kind. car idled as smooth if not smoother than stock idle. acceleration was super smooth all the way to redline in evey gear. acceleration was outstanding. one of my employees as well as one of the fabricators who have more behind the wheel time with this car were amazed how much harder the car pulled throughout the rev range. there was not a moment of hesitation or stumble on or off the throttle and even after an hour of street testing the car stayed consistently and considerably stronger. the GReddy RS setup with recirculaton functioned great and we're confident even without instrumentation at this point that it holds more boost than the stock BPV.

Dyno day is saturday, and of course we'll be doing a range of tests along with the roller run. Pressure gains, maximum boost, EGT and/or air/fuel ratios, core temps, air temps, etc. Anyone who wants to see something additional or different please feel free to chime in with a request and i'll see what i can do to make that happen.

As for pricing, there are four packages available;

Mazdaspeed6 FMIC Kit for Stock BPV with Powdercoated Pipes
$849.95

Mazdaspeed6 FMIC Kit with GReddy RS BOV and Powdercoated Pipes
$999.95

Mazdaspeed6 FMIC Kit for Stock BPV with Polished Stainless Pipes
$1049.95

Mazdaspeed6 FMIC Kit with GReddy RS BOV and Polished Stainless Pipes
$1199.95

As far as I know CP-E and the others have not released pricing or performance numbers yet, so I'll go out on the limb and be first to release ours. Every kit will come with reinforced silicone couplers and t-bolt stainless clamps, associated bracketry and relocation materials where applicable.

Here we are ladies and gents; ProtegeGarage's FMIC kit for the MS6 is getting the final details tidied up and is ready for full production. This is a high quality kit that cuts no corners and is a complete solution needing no modification, no cutting and no addition purchase by the end user. Simply install and drive. The components included are;

- Bar and Plate Intercooler Core from Bell Intercoolers (www.bellintercoolers.com, www.bellengineering.net) Size: 3" thick, 14" long, 11" tall. Anyone who knows anything about turbocharging and forced induction knows nothing will outperform a BEGi core.
- GReddy RS Blow Off Valve with machined recirculation fittings
- Precision machined MAF sensor mounting point
- Polished stainless steel pipes
- Vibrant Hardened Heat Resistant Couplers
- Constant Torque Stainless Clamps
- Custom Air Intake setup complete with K&N Air Filter

We'll announce final pricing next week as well as dyno results from the installed kit. There will be introductory discount pricing for forum members, so PM me if interested.

Attachments

• 100_2033.JPG
    100_2033.JPG
    132.8 KB · Views: 2,326
  • 100_2034.JPG
    100_2034.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 2,336
  • 100_2035.JPG
    100_2035.JPG
    145.6 KB · Views: 2,231
  • 100_2036.JPG
    100_2036.JPG
    123.6 KB · Views: 1,964
  • 100_2037.JPG
    100_2037.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 1,739
Last edited:
more pics

Attachments

• 100_2038.JPG
    100_2038.JPG
    293.2 KB · Views: 822
  • 100_2039.JPG
    100_2039.JPG
    143.4 KB · Views: 1,465
Damn...what do the end tanks look like? It is good that the kit requires no cutting. I can imagine that it will cost a pretty penny though.

R

Rainman said:
Damn...what do the end tanks look like? It is good that the kit requires no cutting. I can imagine that it will cost a pretty penny though.

R

endtanks will be on the car this weekend and i will get some pictures of them then for you all. we're trying to bring the kit in at a good price point, but keep in mind that you are getting a complete kit with an intake, quality parts from companies like BEGi and Greddy as well as precision fabricated components for things like PCV and MAF. the first ten kits will be sold at a discounted rate.

it still irks me that the gaping front grille on the MS6 and now the MS3 are so fake..

P5 has a tall lower grille.. but that s**** real :p

The part looks great though Ken, good work!

Blamo! beating a few companies to the punch.
Now let's hear some prices.
Relocating that AF sensor is probably going to cause CEL's. Has the car been driven with the kit, it does not look done in the pictures?

correction - kit will have not welded joint, but fully MANDREL BENT mirror finish stainless piping

moving the mafs will not cause a cel its just like a cai it dont move 12" lower than what it did before it will measure the air the same way even if it was located at the tb it will still read just fine as long as theres no leaks and the bov return is behind it.

Captain KRM P5 said:
endtanks will be on the car this weekend and i will get some pictures of them then for you all. we're trying to bring the kit in at a good price point, but keep in mind that you are getting a complete kit with an intake, quality parts from companies like BEGi and Greddy as well as precision fabricated components for things like PCV and MAF. the first ten kits will be sold at a discounted rate.
Can you make the purchase minus the intake, and the blowoff valve and will it be at a much cheaper rate? Cause I already have all that stuff...dont wanna buy more....no what I mean?

This kit will not work with any existing CAI setups... Which is a problem for a lot of us. So, if you want a front-mount... you're probably gonna have to try and sell your CAI to other members who aren't planning on that mod...

As for the BOV.... I would really like to know if we can use our own... or if the bracket is welded onto the system already.... I think its a great idea doing a FULL custom kit like this.. intake (not cold air which is kinda sad)... BOV.. everything included with no cutting ... Is awsome....

Damn Ken. That front mount is hot. And the Speed looks funny without the top mount on....

Oh so interested. I was at the dealer today and test drove the ms6 and wow. Now i just need to find the one at the price I want. But it will be my next car.

ms64meplease said:
moving the mafs will not cause a cel its just like a cai it dont move 12" lower than what it did before it will measure the air the same way even if it was located at the tb it will still read just fine as long as theres no leaks and the bov return is behind it.

Thanks, I can deal with that reply. As many different companies have made intake kits for cars and given them a CEL, especially turbos. I am still a little concerned.
In theory I believe you to be correct. In practice, and I do't know why, the placement of the meter seems to be very dependant on where it is in the system as you said. Changes in bends, straights etc effect velocity and flow. While the changes would seem negligable it seems to matter significantly to the ECU/sensor, it is just something I have observed.
So far no CEL with my MazdaSpeed Intake though.

Iv'e also been up all night I'm done.

PerfectXtreme said:
This kit will not work with any existing CAI setups... Which is a problem for a lot of us. So, if you want a front-mount... you're probably gonna have to try and sell your CAI to other members who aren't planning on that mod...

As for the BOV.... I would really like to know if we can use our own... or if the bracket is welded onto the system already.... I think its a great idea doing a FULL custom kit like this.. intake (not cold air which is kinda sad)... BOV.. everything included with no cutting ... Is awsome....

i think the trade off will be worth it honestly. we expect good numbers from this kit and quality of parts and work included will be well worth it. the GReddy bracket is welded into place but I can have it setup to accept the stock valve and perhaps discount the price down. i'll look into doing that

Dinos Speed6 said:
Ahhh my baby, I miss it so much, I cant wait to feel it with that fron mount on

thanks again for donating the car for this many weeks of development. call Matt when you get a chance he has a few questions for you, please and thanx :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back