Keyless Entry Bypass

CBD03

:
2001 Mazda Protege MP3 #196
I was wondering if anybody knows of some sort of bypass that would allow me to use my keyless entry while my car is running. It works fine with the key in the aux. position or with it completely off. If anyone could help me I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Got any big pics of your ride, cause if that's yours in the avatar it looks pretty clean. I'd like to see some close-ups.

CBD03 said:
I do but honestly I have no idea how to insert them or up load them or anything like that. If you could help, I would be more than happy to put some up.

Here they are, I tried my best and I will be taking more this weekend and put them up Monday.

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 1,230
  • PHTO0002.JPG
    PHTO0002.JPG
    598.8 KB · Views: 1,063
  • PHTO0005.JPG
    PHTO0005.JPG
    380 KB · Views: 810
  • PHTO0001.JPG
    PHTO0001.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 874
  • 002.bmp
    900.1 KB · Views: 628
to answer your question, thisshould be pretty easy. go here: http://protege5.ugly.net/09-14.PDF check out page 11. Input A on the module is at B+ (12V) when ignition is on, and below 1.0 (Ground) when in ACC of off position. So, you simply need to tie this input to ground and you will always be able to use the remote. How to:

1) Locate wire A on the keyless entry module
2) Cut this wire 4" from the module to create a 4" pigtail coming out of the module.
3) Tie the ignition side of the cut wire up, so that it will not short things.
4) Tie the pigtail side to ground.
5) Enjoy your new feature!

p.s- that is one BIG truck!!

In looking closer.. I would ALMOST say that you could just pull the fuse. However, this would be floating, and not really ground. Since this is a microcomputer, it needs to see an actual ground- floating ground may not trigger properly. Secondly- that fuse may be controlling other things as well.
just an FYI

actually- does anyone have a guess as to why the remote is deactivated when the car is on?? Seems like it would take more time to engineer this, than to just have it always work. Are other cars like this too?

wildo said:
actually- does anyone have a guess as to why the remote is deactivated when the car is on?? Seems like it would take more time to engineer this, than to just have it always work. Are other cars like this too?
Thanks a lot man, that was a great help and thats all I needed to do. Worked fine and Yes that is a big truck, 9" lift sittin' on 38" tires. Now with my car lowered, I can get all the way up to the bottom of my winshield under neath it. Thanks again.

No problem, Glad i could help out!! Happen to take pics? We could make this a how to. Or... do you remember the color of the wire, I could get pics and make a how to

I do not remember right off hand but I will go back and redo eveything and take pics of everything and send them to you some how. It will probably be later in the week though, work is kick me in the,.. well I am sure you know how that goes. Anyways, I will get back to you with all of that.

No big deal really. Sounds like a fun mod to do, so I will do it and take pics. Thanks though. Yep- all aware of work being crazy...

subbin for future work!! Good write up maybe I could take some pics when I do this mod. I might try and do this this weekend. Thanks Guys!!

Maybe a Mod could put this in the HOW TO section??

How To- Keyless Entry Always Enabled

Here is a how to to always enable your keyless entry system. For some reason, Mazda designed it to disable when the car is on. Here is how to override that:

NOTE: I am not responsible for you blowing up or burning down your car. Complete mod at your own risk.

--------------------------------------------
1) You will first need to locate your keyless entry module.
2093y4z.jpg

You will easily be able to find this bracket with the three modules on it. The door lock module is yellow.

2094j2f.jpg

The Keyless entry module is attached to this bracket. (The module is on the fender side of the bracket- as opposed to the center console side)

2) You then need to pull the harness out of the module by pressing the clip and pulling down.

3) Check this picture for reference:
2094kcp.jpg

You will want to cut wire A (which is blue with a white stripe) about four inches from the harness. Then, you will strip a small amount of insulation off of wire L (which is black) and spice the 4" pigtail into this.

-So, you are splicing the pigtail of wire A coming out of the harness connector into wire L. DO NOT CUT WIRE L.

4) Tap up the cut end of wire A with electrical tape so that it will not short out against something, and tape up and out of the way.

Last edited:
How To- Keyless Entry Always Enabled

Bump for a mod to send this to How To- section

nice write up. I used to be able to do this on my last car, and I miss being able to leave my car running in my apartment parking lot to warm up while I run back to my apartment to grab something I forgot...

Thanks!

wildo said:
to answer your question, thisshould be pretty easy. go here: http://protege5.ugly.net/09-14.PDF check out page 11. Input A on the module is at B+ (12V) when ignition is on, and below 1.0 (Ground) when in ACC of off position. So, you simply need to tie this input to ground and you will always be able to use the remote. How to:

1) Locate wire A on the keyless entry module
2) Cut this wire 4" from the module to create a 4" pigtail coming out of the module.
3) Tie the ignition side of the cut wire up, so that it will not short things.
4) Tie the pigtail side to ground.
5) Enjoy your new feature!
wildo said:
I just had a remote starter installed and opted out of the keyless entry feature($50) because 1) I thought this was a rip-off, probably just a matter of plugging in another relay to the cpu. And 2)the starter remote is much bigger than the factory remote and I like to keep my keyring size to a minimum. But, yeah, I quickly realized how inconvenient this new "convenience" will be with Mazda's (safety??) engineering. So the question is - do I attempt this mod (with no auto electric experience other than wiring up a sub&amp) or do I go the safe route and pay the 50 bucks to (Worst) Buy to have them hook it up? hmmmmm.......(freak)

Last edited:
Wildo- thanks very much for helping me accomplish my very first "mod". Just saved me 50 bucks +tax. Really appreciated. Zoom zoom!

wrkngmanByTor said:
Wildo- thanks very much for helping me accomplish my very first "mod". Just saved me 50 bucks +tax. Really appreciated. Zoom zoom!

No problem! Glad everything worked out!

Back