Official Exhaust Photo & Sound Thread

Still the stock catback with Corksport Downpipe and Protege Garage Racepipe.

Takeoff.

Oops, ran out of gear at the top of third.

Mid third gear, WOT.

I just got the HKS high power CBE today. Im gonna install it tommorow hopefully if I can get access to a lift. Anyways, Ill put a video clip up soon as I get the chance.

MY MSpeed

(p5red)
HI, thats is my mazda and coming soon I said my trucks what doing in my mazda to arrive for 300whp with few modifications and not broken the garantee for the Dealer ----Coming Soon--------- in video

Attachments

• 01-01-08_1725.jpg
    01-01-08_1725.jpg
    239 KB · Views: 372
  • 01-26-08_1535.jpg
    01-26-08_1535.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 330
Any ideas if removing resonators will cause warranty issues with the dealership? It's just for sound and should not effect the rest of the car. Just wondering if anyone knows on this

a resonator will do nothing but make the exhuast quieter on the stock exhaust.

so unless you have upgraded your system, its pointless

So based on 'bbrich57' views and video's of the Vibrant, that may be my choice. I'm also interested in the ark racing system. I really don't care how much it cost's (doesn't mean I wont shop around for the lowest price). I'm looking for something that gives good performance boost but doesn't have that "ricey" sound to it. The ark system seemed to be a bit more quiet (which grabs my attention). I'm also planning on doing the headers the same time, ARK doesn't seem to have a headers system with their Mazda 3 CBE, but Vibrant does. So any more input would be greatly appreciated. PM or reply.

The ARK was my first choice before the Vibe. I knew several owners locally that were running it and loved the look and the sound of it.
But after hearing, of the issues they were having with it, I became disenchanted.

Originally ARK was sending out clamps that were slightly too big, and had a lot of weld issues in the resonator and muffler of the system. I personally knew of several club members here that had to replace pieces of the system on more than one occasion, and replace the clamps also. Of course this was a couple of years ago now too. They may have solved these issues since, but not w/o besmirching their reputation first.
Besides, it is a clamp together system w/o a cat. For the difference in $$$ at the time, the Vibe was the better choice, imo.

You might also look into the Borla. I understand it has good bottom end resonance, among the best, and is one of the quietest AM systems. Of course a header will make any exhaust system a bit louder too.

And for the street, the Vibe design (4-2-1) seems to be the best, though it is quite pricey. A 4-2-1 system is always a better choice for low & mid range power for the street while still offering high end breathability. I have not heard of any CEL/MIL issues using the Vibe header either.

If you are a w/e warrior or plan to track/drag the car regularly, a 4-1 header may be the better choice. Draxas or Thunder come to mind and seem to be the standard for the 3.
Just my .02.

Back