Anti sway bar

raul_gianino

:
2003 Mazda Protege5
Ever since I lowered my car I've had noises in the back and what it was is the sway bar was resting on another bar. Solution is I need shorter rear end links. Haven't bought them yet so I wanted to know what brand is best and which ones I should get, etc.

I'm also buying the progress anti sway bars , it comes with both rear bars. Does anyone have these ? Any good reviews about them ? If not which do you guys suggest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do you mean, "comes with both rear bars" ? I have Progress rear sway bar and car is lowered 1.5" on Tokico Illuminas/Espelirs and am running the factory end links without any issues or noises. The Progress rr sway is one piece, connects on either end to struts with endlinks and has 2 brackets that mount it to subframe. I don't know what both rear bars means here but if you need shorter endlinks then AWR makes some and IIRC there is some other brand of adjustable ones too. Also think there were some shorter non-adjustable ones but don't remember the particulars about them.

fbf24f92ce57a4379187520332d86b3f.jpg
Don't know what it's called but there's two bars in the picture. I'm a lot lower than 1.5 that's why my sway bar is resting on something else

I guess you didn't read the words at the bottom of the picture? The Progress bar is a single rear bar only, and that's not what it looks like.

On the other hand, I've heard good things about their product. Endlinks might be provided with the bar, but they'll probably be OEM length and quality. Look at Moog endlinks, I've read good reviews on them.

Last edited:
Nah I didn't , so how does it look like then ? The way it looks doesn't really mean anything ..... I just wanna know if it's good and what people have to say about it.

Idk how it looks, see if anyone who has the bar is willing to post a pic or two.

Ps, I edited my previous post

fa934a3378debd6092cf370e35742119.jpg
How does this look ? Awr sway bar and link kit...

Any good reviews on this ? I need the shorter links cause of the drop I have , and I was planning on buying a sway bar either way... What do you guys think

AWR has adjustable endlinks, if you want to go that route. Some ppl say they're noisy, the joint isn't sealed/greased. If anyone can claim otherwise, let me know. I could use some adjustable endlinks myself, after putting coilivers on.

I found moog but they were to long. I have 6inch long end links right now. But ever since I adjusted the height on my coilovers , my sway bar is resting on another bar. Idk how to fix it , i was guessing going with shorter end links. What do you think

Okay I found these , are they the right ones ? It says for subaru models but idk if that matters
9ac817c725798320657370af9a93366d.jpg
the ones I saw for the protege , the shortest they go is 9 inches

IMO the Energy Suspension endlinks look a bit more robust than the Whiteline ones do. Never had issues with my oems so still running those. Here's the best pic of the progress rr sway I have............

gtspec_arms02.JPG

Awesome thanks for the link ! I'm probably going to buy them today , just to make sure , when it says 4"-3/4-5"3/4 that means it's 4 inches to 5 inch adjustable ?

When I put my yellowspeed coilovers on, I had problems with the front links. The OEM were too long. I had to run to Autozone and grab some shorter ones. They're basically an OEM replacement just 2" shorter. Wouldn't mind some adjustables but does anyone make them for the front? I didn't have any problems with the rear endlinks, there was plenty of room for those to bolt in.

Have you lowered your car ? When I adjusted my coilovers my rear end links ended up being to long , and I have 6 inch links.

My coilovers came with links in the front and they seem to be good

Just FYI, the front sway is a b**** to replace and just doing the rear balances out the car perfectly as far as oversteer/understeer. Most that have done front one too have reported non-beneficial results. I have oem up front still and don't plan on changing it. Just food for thought and possible money/time savings.

Yeah I read that too. I'm just planning on getting front strut bar, rear sway, and I wanted a trunk cage

The ladder brace helps stiffen up the front and rr stb is all I did...............wait that's a damn lie. Up front is stb, ladder brace & lower tie brace. Out back is trailing arms, rr sway, reinforcement panel with v brace arms & rr stb. Didn't do trunk cage cuz I still like to use it for cargo at times.

Back