What have you done to your MSP today?

You aren't familiar with the Preferio'ing, are you?

Haven't had any time to work on the MSPs lately, have a new spec stage 1 clutch, water pump and timing belt, and gaskets for the 25k mile motor I am swapping in. Still need to swap the MBSP, oil cooler and coolant lines over and buy some motor mounts. #1345 has a coolant leak from a turbo water line I need to repair and it needs a secondary O2. Got my bumper sag fix brackets in the mail so I need to install them as well.

I finally got a proportioning valve for my msp. now I can get my pedal feel and proper brakes back. No more locking the rears before the fronts.
IMAG0268.jpg

Fixed the coolant hose last night, but broke a wire for the coolant temp sensor. I knew it was brittle so I already grabbed a new pigtail from the JY. Managed to rig up the snapped off stub of a wire and it ran fine the entire drive home. Then I got a flat in one of my new Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 in the sidewall which is cool because I love throwing away $150. #1345 is back on stock wheels for now and it looks pretty damn good lowered on the racing harts.

Ugh...ohhh...that doesn't sound good, I was hoping that the way my car was acting was because of the cracked manifold. Since I don't have any codes except for the speed sensor, I have no idea what the issue could stem from. Damn..

$400 for tires seems awefully cheap!

Picking up some enkei rs5 for $200 pretty soon. Seller has them listed as enoki heh but they genuine rs5.
Assuming they fit offset wise. Seller doesn't know any other measurements so I have to try on p5.. then I have to paint them and put nee continentals on for spring. Might get my msp back for spring. Depends if she still smokes after a good burn off run.

Soooo.....having a cracked manifold won't make the car run crappy? hmmm....I wonder what it could be

Actually, it can. Dependent on how close the cracks (leaks) are to your lambda sensor.

mine has been cracked and missing two studs since 2011 lol. when i put load on the car it makes this REALLY LOUD ticking. only under load. either its the leaking manifold or some WICKED lifter lash heh. but i should be hearing the lifters are all rpm and throttle conditions this is only under decent loads.

and mica... so.. he fked your s*** up and makes you pay money to fix it? lol. i guess you needed tires anyway and a deal on that is never bad heh.

Back