How to get Infotainment to use gmail AND AOL or gmail instead of AOL??

cybercruiser

Contributor
:
2015 CX-5 Touring 2.5L FWD
It appears that the infotainment is downloading my AOL/AIM emails, but, not my gmail.

Seeing that gmail is closer tied to Android than a regular email reader such as AOL/AIM, is there a way I can get the infotainment center to do gmail instead??

What phone are you using? I've had zero luck getting email to work with my Galaxy S6, even if the text messages work flawlessly.

Currently the HTC One M8, probably going to go with the new Moto X Pure next week.

It works temporarily, but, then stops working after 2 days to 2 weeks, until I completely unpair then repair, kind of a pain. Hoping the MotoX will be more consistent.

But, still, when it does work, it pulls my AOL mail, and not my GMAIL, how do I get it to do my email as GMail instead thinking AOL is my main mail??

Currently the HTC One M8, probably going to go with the new Moto X Pure next week.

It works temporarily, but, then stops working after 2 days to 2 weeks, until I completely unpair then repair, kind of a pain. Hoping the MotoX will be more consistent.

But, still, when it does work, it pulls my AOL mail, and not my GMAIL, how do I get it to do my email as GMail instead thinking AOL is my main mail??
Just a thought, but is Gmail your primary/default mail app on your device? Maybe try removing AOL, test email from Gmail, and add AOL back in. At the very least you'll verify if AOL hijacks the e-mail.

Yeah, I'm planning on getting the Moto X Pure when it comes out next week. Hoping it will do better than the HTC One M8 I have that isn't fully supported. I may not configure the AOL email, at least not right away.

I'm not sure if there's a way to mark an email Primary over the others??

Isn't that usually the first email address you use to set up the phone? At least in my Nexus 5, emails seem to default send from that address making it the primary email.

Yeah, I'm planning on getting the Moto X Pure when it comes out next week. Hoping it will do better than the HTC One M8 I have that isn't fully supported. I may not configure the AOL email, at least not right away.

First, you might want to check your AOL app in app manager, and clear by selecting the 'clear default' button. Also, check this for any other e-mail app you might have installed. The next time you open an e-mail link through you browser, you should get an option to set the default e-mail app. Good luck.

Have you found a solution to your problem with gmail? I have the same problem and I can't find a solution. The Infotainment syncs my AOL emails but not gmail. I couldn't care less to get my personal emails (AOL) in my car since most of them are SPAM but I'd like to get my professional emails (Gmail) instead and I don't see a way to do it.
Very frustrating.

Back