MPes--- MSP

Set your timing with the old gears and belt, make reference marks on the cams and belt and one on the crank. Loosen the cam bolts. Then pull belt off, transfer marks to new belt. Pull cam gears off noting which slot the cams are in and transfer your marks on the cam gear to the msp gears. Line it all up and install timing belt. If you mark everything correctly it will all line up perfectly. Cam gears will move on you a hair but wont hurt anything as long as everything is lined up correctly

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

So if the head was off the msp (original eng) i'm kinda screwed? or is there another way?

No u line ur timing up with the new engine then take off the belt and gears and swap them over from the msp eng to the non msp engine

No u line ur timing up with the new engine then take off the belt and gears and swap them over from the msp eng to the non msp engine

Got your pm. The cam gears and timin belt are already off the original msp engine and not marked. And obviously the new engine remains untouched thus far.

Okay all you have to do is line up the timing on the non MSP engine make your marks on the belt and the gears and the crank loosen the bolts holding the cam gears but don't take them off then remove the timing belt pull the gears off the non MSP engine and set them on top of the MSP years and transfer your marks over then put the MSP gears on to the non MSP engine. Transfer your marks over from the timing belt to the new timing belt set the belt and lock it down

When you pull the bolts out of the cam gears you will notice there are two notches for two different ways the cam gear can go pay attention to which not they are in and make sure the MSP gears go into the same notch

When you pull the bolts out of the cam gears you will notice there are two notches for two different ways the cam gear can go pay attention to which not they are in and make sure the MSP gears go into the same notch

Alright sounds good I'll give it a shot!

No they are not. Look at the humps on them where the cam sensor read it

I pulled my motor from a 626. Cant say about any other motors but mine were different

Back