What have you done to your P5 today?

Finally swapped out the old oem Donnelly compass/temp/autodim rr view mirror for the Gentex 341 like I have in my truck that has been hanging around for quite some time waiting it's turn. It has amber lighting and is compass/temp/autodim/homelink/map light. Woohoo, no more garage door opener hanging around. Will post up pics when it isn't rainy and dark. Next wknd, oil change.....weird changing oil because of time instead of miles. Been over a year.

20160516_193048.jpg

Last edited:
Washed and vacuumed the car today. Oil change on Monday, hopefully will get my tires mounted as well. Been using castrol full synthetic, what are y'all using?

Finally, fresh batch of Castrol High mileage blend 10-30w, mobil1 filter........she all happy and purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrin.....

.....which reminds me, Perrin fuel rail with lines and gauge and fresh inj seals comin up soon.........maybe few months from now at my current pace.

Perrin.jpg

Last edited:
Replaced the rear brakes at the local Mazda dealer (I know, I know, but the labour charge was reasonable and the parts price was less than I priced out at Canadian Tire). When prowling the lot, I came across another P5. This one was beaten senseless. Every panel rusted, steel wheels with winter tires, completely stock automatic, cloth interior. I wanted this beater because the stock rims and tires were bagged in the back seat, the factory stereo, exhaust and air box were in place and in good shape. Unfortunately, I was a day late with my 500 dollar offer. It sold yesterday for $200.00 Damn. Years of spare parrts gone

My son and I picked up an 02 earlier this week for his first car. Today, we had an hour or two after baseball and yard work, so we wet-sanded and polished out the headlights. Still waiting on a plate and insurance to get it on the road.

Hard to say I live out in the middle of nothing. Plus my old antenna failed.
That's why I was curious. I live in the woods and never really used it before I got my s2k antenna. I actually cut off my stock antenna right at the top of the base part, diy stubby. Very poor reception. None of it has ever mattered though, because radio is trash.

Latest posts

Back