Just another yellow P5 build...

My seat brackets arrived yesterday. And I am mostly satisfied with them. however the rear mounts to the floor were too narrow, so I had to expand it a little bit. Other than that, they are solid and easy to mount. Lots of room for however you want to mount your seats. I ended up not using sliders and just bolted my side mounts to the base. Sits about an inch lower than stock. After a couple of different test fits, I found what I think is my perfect seating position. The seat is actually very comfortable. I drove in it all day today with no issues at all. Its fairly easy to get in and out of, and very supportive in the corners, I never realized how much I was clinging to the wheel before. You can really push it alot harder and maintain much more control over your inputs.

A set of hydra gauge rings arrived today. Fitment is tight and they look great. Very happy with them.

001_zps0rf3ulpq.jpg

002_zps9flds5sv.jpg

And I purchased some weathertech window visors a couple of weeks ago. They're awesome. I love that I can crack my windows a little while I'm at work and not have to worry about people messing with my car or rain. Having the windows cracked keeps it way cooler in the car. Usually I kept my sunroof cracked, but we get alot of random rain during the evenings here, and I had a bird drop a turd straight down the sunroof opening onto the sliding cover piece, That was a pain to clean. And they look really good too.

003_zpsahwea9n4.jpg

And I never posted any pictures of my corbeau seat in the car. I've been daily-ing it for over a month now and its been great. No issues whatsoever. It is very comfortable. Not very good pictures yet, and the lighting sucks but here it is. The seat fits in the car very well, no rubbing on the center console or door or pillar.

005_zpsyxijkvsy.jpg

My CR3 dead pedal showed up today. The quality is great. The only thing I didn't like was after it's installed you can see the factory plastic dead pedal area underneath. So I made a new floormat out of some carpet that goes up into the dead pedal area and bolted the pedal to that. I think it looks much better like this. Its not perfect, but Atleast I have a good pattern to modify when I try again.

003_zpsimqstens.jpg

Received a new-to-me rear passenger caliper. Looks to be in very good shape and will be replacing my leaky one. And an AWR passenger side motor mount. I am in the process of stripping the paint, removing all of the rust and repainting.

And my hi-boost turbo kit is on its way. I'm probably going to sell the vf22 and go with something a little smaller like a td04 or vf30/34/23. Td04 seems the most attractive because of they're price, availability, and ability to rebuild. What do you guys think? Most Subaru factory turbos will be interchangeable.

Finished sanding, priming, painting, and installing the AWR motor mount. Looks pretty good. Its vht caliper paint with duplicolor wheel matte clearcoat. Seemed to be the best way to go out of all of the butts of cans i had laying around. haha

021_zpswh4w6cbs.jpg

022_zpsrg4lphl4.jpg

I've had my WT visors for about a year now. Although they perform as they should, I don't like that they rattle in the channels if the windows are slightly cracked when going over bumps...and they move slightly when the windows are about to close or rolled down from closed position. I expected better for the price paid.

They do look decent.

I still cant get over how beautiful your engine bay is. Keep up the good work. Love all the attention to small details.

Turbo wise, I would go with a TD04. Easy to rebuild and as you mentioned before, the price makes it very appealing. I'm currently looking at a GTX2860R, not sure if thats the route I want to go for my build.

Last edited:
Thanks. And td04s are also very upgradeable which is cool.

And with the weather tech visors, I've found that it helps to lubricate them. With my motor mounts it was a constant squeaking all the time. Even at idle. It's much better now though.

I'm still kind of experimenting. At the moment I'm using a teflon spray. Spray it on a towel and jam it in the window crack with something. The areas that squeaked the most for me was the vertical sections in front of the front windows. I sprayed some quick detailer into the cracks on the outside of the visors. That helped alot too

Thx...will give it a shot.

I had lined the entire front visors with electrical tape to reduce the vibrating. It worked until the tape started getting bunched up from the constant rowing up and down of the windows.

Damn man, i didn't know how nice your car truly was. I"m happy my parts came to you.

I need to get a turbo kit for the msp i'm rebuilding.

My hiboost turbo stuff showed up the other night. I've been just cleaning everything. Pipes and couplers all appear to be in good shape. Intercooler is good, ive been polishing it. Manifold and downpipe are fantastic, aside from needing a stud replaced. And the vf22 is in decent shape. Also needs a stud replaced. and It's got a little axial play, which I know is bad. but neither of the wheels has ever made contact with either of the housings, so it's not that bad yet. I'm hoping I can get a local subi guy to trade me their stock turbo for it. We shall see. Msp ecu and ssafc came with it too. I need to get some pics.

Here are some crappy cell pics of the turbo stuff.

Assorted piping, couplers, t-clamps, SSAFC, MSP ecu, and the cheapest possible fake SSQV. Eventually going to go with a txs rfl valve. There are some more bigger pieces of piping that I am still cleaning. Like the big cast aluminum hiboost intake pipe that runs over the valve cover. Which I am not planning on running even though it is really cool. With the MAF relocated I wont need to run it over that direction and intake air will be from the passenger fender hole. Less piping. And no pics of the tapped oil pan yet. It's been cleaned and painted too with caliper paint.

20160529_023951_zpsrabcyzbo.jpg

Cast manifold and downpipe peices that have been stripped of rust and painted. Along with the intercooler I've been sanding and polishing a little.

20160605_015412_zpsypxk7lsz.jpg

And the vf22 turbo is bad. Which sucks because I was planning on selling it. Wastegate crack. Pissed me off, I know its common with subaru turbos though. And with the play in the chra it just isnt worth anything. It'll make a nice paperweight though.

20160530_191028_zpsf2xkxft2.jpg

Last edited:
Dang, sucks the turbo is bad. It's only the turbine housing or is the chra bad also?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

~160k It explains the lack of oomph. Ive got ridiculous carbon build up, and it runs way too rich, and it pings a bunch. I pulled the vc to check the timing last night and it was dead on, which is always disappointing, but prompted me to do a compression check.

Back