No more 6MT for MY2015

:
2014 Mazda 5 Sport 6MT
Was at the dealership for an oil change and found a brochure for the 2015. Skimmed through it noticed no more manual. Also no driver lumbar adjustment on the Touring.

Glad I bought my 2014!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1414202681331.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1414202681331.jpg
    426.6 KB · Views: 157
  • uploadfromtaptalk1414202688953.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1414202688953.jpg
    797 KB · Views: 137
Wow, that sucks. Like, really sucks.

I thought Mazda had our backs in this #savethemanuals thing...

Mazda has been dumping the MTX options for the last 6 years. They def havent been supporting the cause. The rare cars they offer a MTX on, usually is only available in the most basic model without most options. This is right on track with what they have been doing sadly. :(

Boy, when they said they were gonna kill the 5 they really meant it. I get all depressed when i think about the death of the three pedal car, which seems to be coming sooner rather than later.

I think the ONLY reason Mazda offers a manual on the mz5 is to be able to say it has a lower entry MSRP. Business first and they really feel Americans won't/don't buy stick.

But did they really have such a hard time moving the miniscule number of manual trans 5s that they manufactured? I thought the advantage of being a small indie car company was that they could say " screw the business case" I sincerely hope that Mazda doesnt go the way of Subaru, selling their soul in the pursuit of incremental volume.

Back