Replacement of Rear Wiper Blade

WWNJCX7

Hello All,

It appears that my rear wiper blade needs replacement, a more difficult task than meets the eye.

After playing with it for a bit, I removed the cover at the base of the hub (where it connects to the drive) this enabled me to lift the blade perpendicular to the window. I was then able to remove the entire arm with the blade attached. However it appears to be a special type of set up with the way the arm attaches to the wiper assembly.

Has anyone else had to do this yet ? Any tips and tricks welcome

Thanks

haven't tried it yet, but had noticed that the blade doesn't lift up, so your trick is helpful either way...

For the blade to lift up, you need to remove the cover in the middle... and in terms of switching, most blades are to thin to fit around the arm... with the rain-x blade, you can bend it out a bit, and it will work.

Compatable Blades

Thanks the the insights......basically you have to remove the plastic cover from the blade itself and then modify a "rain-x" to make it hold on to the arm ? Well I was hoping for an easier solution, but its surely a good start. The way these cars get dirty on the rear window SO fast, I miss not being able to use the blade.

Thanks Again

$17 dealer item. Replaced several so far between the CX7 and the Mazda5. At the base you can flip up the end to get the blade off.

Can you say THEIF.......

Holy S#$T.......I just bought a new wiper (no just replacement blade) and it was 27.99 for one f#$king wiper for rear window...What a rip off, I am officially mad at this point

Changing Mazda CX-7 Rear Wiper Blade

#1 pop off cap at end of arm attached to motor.

#2 Lift up arm.

#3 tilt blade out to about 45 degrees.

#4 use flathead screwdriver to push against portion of clamp on wiper blade arm. This clamp is located on the inside portion of the arm.

#5 remove wiper blade.

Took me 30 minutes to figure out.

Last edited:
Back