What have you done to your MSP today?

I'm about to be in the same boat, I looked at an MSP with a hole in the block today that I want to get a used motor for and swap it in.

where do you guys look to buy write off cars? I wouldnt mind finding an es or p5 to steal a bunch of stuff off. i might try to get a open 5spd just to get the msp running after the pope stuff arrives. also the wifes es could use a few goodies to freshen it right up. I imagine buying a parts car is cheaper than trying to find one thats being parted out.

All of these parting out and wrecked MSP's are driving me crazy.

i just picked up a $1000 high milage p5 today. the shell is pretty neglected.. has rusty rear fenders, some dents/rust on the hatch and a rust spot on the a pillar i didnt think was possible lol.
tires are belted and DANGEROUS... but... engine runs decently for 308km, tranny shifts and works as it should dispite high kms. clutch prob done as its factory clutch. interior in pretty good shape..

i had wanted to fish a front end off a p5 to freshen up the wifes esgt. so now ill have th ebumper, skirts ect for that, a good hood *shockingly* p5 headlights WITHOUT burnt reflectors for my msp. but the real real reason i picked it up, tranny..

ive heard the msp and p5 trany's are pretty much the same aside from how they get speedo. do msp axles work on p5 tranny? would i have to build a custom cv from the p5/msp axles if i wanted to use the p5 tranny for a little while?

aside from the rusty business the p5 isnt too bad i guess. the mx3 i baught for $500 and am reselling for $1000 paid for it basically. mx3 a much nicer cheap car though.

I'm thinking about painting mine a glossy white. If I do that I would probably have to paint the rims a different color though. what you guys think?

i just picked up a $1000 high milage p5 today. the shell is pretty neglected.. has rusty rear fenders, some dents/rust on the hatch and a rust spot on the a pillar i didnt think was possible lol.
tires are belted and DANGEROUS... but... engine runs decently for 308km, tranny shifts and works as it should dispite high kms. clutch prob done as its factory clutch. interior in pretty good shape..

i had wanted to fish a front end off a p5 to freshen up the wifes esgt. so now ill have th ebumper, skirts ect for that, a good hood *shockingly* p5 headlights WITHOUT burnt reflectors for my msp. but the real real reason i picked it up, tranny..

ive heard the msp and p5 trany's are pretty much the same aside from how they get speedo. do msp axles work on p5 tranny? would i have to build a custom cv from the p5/msp axles if i wanted to use the p5 tranny for a little while?

aside from the rusty business the p5 isnt too bad i guess. the mx3 i baught for $500 and am reselling for $1000 paid for it basically. mx3 a much nicer cheap car though.

msp axles work on non msp trannys. been running a non msp tranny for the past 45k miles. came off of a p5

Good to know. So once my.pope stuff arrives and I get a set of wheels, ill just swap trannies, gutthe p5 and send her away.

I need to find a cheap running P5 for the winter so I don't have to run either of the MSP's.

Ps why are these cars so prone to rust on the rear fenders? I swear the paint is almost structural on this p5 lol. and the hatch near thr p5 logo. Always rust there. I haven't pulled up the trunk yet. Not expecting a pretty sight with 308,000km.

if anyone has some p5 fog deletes, id like to get some.. or maybe an msp lip in whatever condition. as long as all the parts are there, i can fix it.

QUESTION: What are the differences between a normal FS-DE engine from an 01-03 Protege and a Mazdaspeed Protege motor. An engine builder sourced a block for me, but I want to make sure he knows all of the differences so that if machining is needed he can do it so that when I reassemble, I don't encounter any issues.

QUESTION: What are the differences between a normal FS-DE engine from an 01-03 Protege and a Mazdaspeed Protege motor. An engine builder sourced a block for me, but I want to make sure he knows all of the differences so that if machining is needed he can do it so that when I reassemble, I don't encounter any issues.

nothing on the block except oil pan and windage tray if you included that as part of the block.

nothing on the block except oil pan and windage tray if you included that as part of the block.

The oil pan is the same. I have like 5 of them from P5s, MSPs, 626s and a Probe.

Back