Why lots car manufacture stop using light blue paint?

hek8560

:
Mazda,CX-5,2015,TOURING
Today, I see a light blue cx-5 and a light blue BMW 328i. I really like the color, but it seems lots car brand stop offer light blue paint for all cars, I think light blue looks very nice. I hope Mazda can bring that color back for next gen car. So far I only found only BMW still offer light blue for extra 550 USD and require you to add 3000 USD M package. Does anyone know why they stop using light blue paint? Is it because the cost of making blue paint?

Today, I see a light blue cx-5 and a light blue BMW 328i. I really like the color, but it seems lots car brand stop offer light blue paint for all cars, I think light blue looks very nice. I hope Mazda can bring that color back for next gen car. So far I only found only BMW still offer light blue for extra 550 USD and require you to add 3000 USD M package. Does anyone know why they stop using light blue paint? Is it because the cost of making blue paint?

After the tsunami in Japan (2010?), multiple paint colors were killed or postponed by Ford and others because supply of exclusive formulas was disrupted. Paint colors can be affected by many many factors you may not dream of. Likely though, what you're noticing is simple supply and demand and internal sales statistic driven phasing of colors produced.

It could be current tastes as well... my '07 G35x is a light blue that Infiniti called Lakeshore Slate

Back