The Dream (JustJme)

justjme

:
protege5
Hi guys/girls,

So i'm new to the forums here, been wondering around them looking at things for sale and peoples builds and thought it would be nice to actually introduce myself and my car.

(Don't have any pics of her stock but here it goes)

After about 3/4 months of ownership she decided she didnt like the engine that was in their so threw a bearing......wooooo

(My lil man helping with daddys 'race car')

Engine being pulled

New engine ready to go in

Once i had this changed out and running again i decided it was time to change out the rims as almost everyone here in the car scene ha BBS reps of some sort, so this is what i acquired instead.

Avid.1 AV-50 18 x 8.5 +35 complete with muteki lug nuts

Whilst i was changing rims over i decided to change the engine mounts for new ones along with lower control arms, ARB links and steering rack end links.

Test fit for clearance

Next came the question of keeping them the transparent gold they came in or being bold and different. Decided to go with the later and here's how they came back.

Fitted on the car

Got tired of the "Nice subaru comments" so got a new sticker

On the way back from a local car meet and a loose rock on the freeway decided to pay me a visit.......was not impressed

27317048314_76a596ddff_z.jpg

And as she stands today

And the lil man again helping clean

Plans are to forge and boost so if anyone does have anything popping up kit wise hit me up and ill update as things progress.

UPDATE 29th Dec 16

So other the last couple of months I've been compiling my turbo components.

Then came the time to start installing once i had time off of work to allow for any set backs.

Fluids in before first start.

So she boosts well and pulls hard. This took us 3 days just because of a couple of minor set backs (waste gate actuator bracket facing the wrong way, and some wrong sized silicone couplers) but other than that everything is well. no i need to dyno ;)

Last edited:
I'm actually getting rid of the roof rack deletes and just getting the weather strips put in their.

I actually like my roof rack mounts when paired with a sunroof deflector. What kind of coils are you on. And those poor rear fenders, haha.

I'm on D2 coilovers and yeah the previous owner thought a baseball bat was a good idea.......had one of my friends try and rectify it so it doesn't look as bad as it did but seen as that rock paid a visit im going to be getting the fenders sorted out

Are you planning on dropping the rear some more? It looks like you've got lots of room. How do the d2's ride, just curious. And I think someone has another hiboost turbo kit for sale in the fs section. That's what ive got.

The D2's ride real nice. i leave the back as is just in case i have a heavy load or people in the back as it used to rub before i got the fenders adjusted. Yeh i saw that someone is getting rid of one but no prices or updates to that thread since the start of the month. Hows your hiboost kit? As in power and how it drives?

It came with most everything necessary. The turbo turned out to be bad, so I'll need a new one. Luckily most oem subaru turbos will work. I'm just shooting for 200-230 to the wheels with a forged bottom end and stock gearbox. It's my daily, so reliability is key.

yeah i was aiming for the same figures just to play with the civic Si' as well ;) haha. Don't suppose you'd know if the MSP exhaust system has the same lay out under the car as our P5s do you?

With a quick search...
Yes they do, it's just the MSP is longer so you'd have to modify the muffler so it's not sticking out so far.
You can get the racing beat for the P5 and not have to modify it...

Car looks great, your son is an awesome helper too. Keeping it nice and clean, good kid.

Looks awesome man! Love the red wheels, goes nicely with the blue paint. Another build I'll be following (thumb)

Thanks for the follow man. Plans right now are at the end of the month to get the whole car resprayed and that damage repaired. Had to put a hold on forge/boost as i'm really displeased with the damage and don't like looking at it every day haha.

Back