What have you done to your CX-5 today?

kRMMWKql.jpg

My 14 GT with 37k miles was delivered from beepi yesterday evening, and so far we love it!

was a lease car, fully loaded, tint and a full clear bra covering the bumper, fender and the hood (wasn't mentioned in the beepi ad so it's a nice bonus!).

kRMMWKql.jpg

My 14 GT with 37k miles was delivered from beepi yesterday evening, and so far we love it!

was a lease car, fully loaded, tint and a full clear bra covering the bumper, fender and the hood (wasn't mentioned in the beepi ad so it's a nice bonus!).
Wow you got a car from beepi - I have no idea what their business model is - can you elaborate?
Did you test drive it? How easy it was to find your color + trim preference?

Congrats it looks brand new - roof rails too wooohoo.
I always wanted white but wifey said white is boring - now I have dark blue and every time I walk to office after parking i take a look back and it looks damn hot!

Sure here's my write up from a different forum about my beepi experience:

It was a great experience all the way through. I hit the buy button online and had the car delivered 14 days later, the delivery is added to the purchase price but it varies on distance between the seller and buyer. This car came from the LA area and was delivered to me near seattle for 400 bucks.

They do a thorough look over of all the aspects of the car, the ad will have a diagram showing every single ding/dent/scratch inside and out on their "dimple diagram", each dimple location should have photos of the dimple as well.

Since I had my financing all figured out long before the car arrived, I only spent 5 minutes doing paperwork once I had accepted the delivery of the car.

I asked the delivery guy a bit about the business model and what the do is offer to only sell relatively new cars. They will give a seller a price, based on an inspection and verification of maintenance records, that they will sell it for them for (minus any fixes the car needs) within 30 days.

It's like a consignment lot that will buy the car from the seller if it doesn't sell in 30 days and then store it until it sells. U

nlike carmax they only take good examples of newish cars and are looking for documentation of maintenance or they will do the maintenance themselves and deduct it from the offer price.

All in all no drama, no bulls***, competitive price (less than I've typically seen on dealer lots here in the PNW) and they even let me put my down payment on my credit card so I got some free cashback coming to me soon.

I have 10 days or 1k miles to decide if I want the car or not (I see no reason why I wouldn't).

Last edited:
Sure here's my write up from a different forum about my beepi experience:

It was a great experience all the way through. I hit the buy button online and had the car delivered 14 days later, the delivery is added to the purchase price but it varies on distance between the seller and buyer. This car came from the LA area and was delivered to me near seattle for 400 bucks.

They do a thorough look over of all the aspects of the car, the ad will have a diagram showing every single ding/dent/scratch inside and out on their "dimple diagram", each dimple location should have photos of the dimple as well.

Since I had my financing all figured out long before the car arrived, I only spent 5 minutes doing paperwork once I had accepted the delivery of the car.

I asked the delivery guy a bit about the business model and what the do is offer to only sell relatively new cars. They will give a seller a price, based on an inspection and verification of maintenance records, that they will sell it for them for (minus any fixes the car needs) within 30 days.

It's like a consignment lot that will buy the car from the seller if it doesn't sell in 30 days and then store it until it sells. U

nlike carmax they only take good examples of newish cars and are looking for documentation of maintenance or they will do the maintenance themselves and deduct it from the offer price.

All in all no drama, no bulls***, competitive price (a bit than I've typically seen on dealer lots here in the PNW) and they even let me put my down payment on my credit card so I got some free cashback coming to me soon.

I have 10 days or 1k miles to decide if I want the car or not (I see no reason why I wouldn't).
Good write up. thank you.

Today i got my windshield cover from Cover craft. Usually go for $60 a piece - will put a small review after a few days of use. It gets hot here even in this month and next its not unusual to hit mid 90s.
Apart from that - got to try out my new Meguiar's detailing products. Thanks to this forum I got some very good advice on detailing products.

a035afc484d9730b2528f2a6b57eb76f.jpg
Added JDM headrests. Before and after. Purchased from Japanparts.com

Question:

Why can't the small center headrest be used as the L & R rear seat replacements - instead of the "JDM" headrests? Maybe I'm missing something, but it appears if (2) additional center headrests were ordered they might fit into the same slots as the original "large" headrests... No??

Also, does the red stitching match the red stitching in other parts of the 2016 seats (since the 2016 JDM headrests are supposed to have black stitch)?

Aries all weather floor mats... I had the weathertech ones in my other cars. These look much nicer. Hope they hold up.

svM0KMUl.jpg

4xkj6ZBl.jpg

1Un018ol.jpg

I have had those in my car over a year now, they work great and look nice IMO. Holding up just fine. the texture has gone down where my heel is on the driver one, but nothing that indicates it will have a hole there any time soon. Like most other all weather mats, just take them out and hose them off if they are dirty!

Took apart the center console to finish installing my accent lighting I purchased almost a year ago now haha. Now that I figured it out, it is actually remarkably easy! Will be making a how to....

LED interior lights installed... I got them from LEDPartsNow on Amazon. I notice a very slight flickering when I'm looking away from them, but I'm pretty sure that is the nature of LED replacement lights. It also came with license plate lights, but I haven't installed those yet.

Those Aries mats do look nice. Showed them to SWMBO but she preferred the Weathertech. Ordered them Monday and they arrived last night. Tonight after dinner I vacummed the car out and installed them. She is very happy and that is what matters. Bagged and boxed the OEMs and stored them in the attic.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk

Installed my scuff guards. $13 via AliExpress. The chemical smell is no joke. I aired them out a couple of days before installing.

XZijwpmm.jpg

[video]https://goo.gl/photos/Ai5cPRmMQ1ABY4ew9[/video]
Fitted Power Folding Mirrors..OEM from Japan

Last edited:
I saved my CX5 from drowning.
I ran out to the parking lot last night in the middle of hurricane Matthew and hopped the curb to park up on the sidewalk.
The parking lot was flooding and just kept rising, and it was too late to drive around hoping for a higher spot. The water still came about halfway up the tire.
We just had flooding here 2 weeks ago, and a lot of nice sports cars and compacts got flooded and had to be towed away. Its like no one remember 2 weeks ago because people parked in the same areas that flooded, so tow trucks were back again today.
Worst part was walking around in the rain and flooding at 1am and 5am because the dog's system was out of sync from being inside all day yesterday. It took a long time to find a patch of grass higher than the flooding for the dog to squat.

Back