2016 LED headlights

jjp735i

:
CX-5
Well they going to replace my headlights because of staining on the inside. For the people that got new lights, did they fix the problem or will it show up again in a few months?

Thanks, jjp

Well they going to replace my headlights because of staining on the inside. For the people that got new lights, did they fix the problem or will it show up again in a few months?

Thanks, jjp

No issues with my new headlights.

So I'm in Germany....with a US spec car... [emoji17]

1b34b7ccdb6232350a91d26ebb371d6b.jpg

So I'm in Germany....with a US spec car... [emoji17]

1b34b7ccdb6232350a91d26ebb371d6b.jpg

that's a classic sign of moisture ingress with salt or mineral deposits, it was a bad seal ....... need to replace the whole unit , good thing it's still under warranty, otherwise looking at $1000 easy, I have the LED's and I dread this and LED failure if I'm out of warranty.

Can you get warranty service in Germany replacing the LED headlights?

It's only the left light.

I MAY get a good will replacement, problem is US warranty isn't honored here and theirs is for only a year I think (although I may be wrong). I'm checking in it on my next day off.

I typed this up on my Smartphone using Tapatalk [emoji12]

It's only the left light.
I MAY get a good will replacement, problem is US warranty isn't honored here and theirs is for only a year I think (although I may be wrong). I'm checking in it on my next day off.
Of course another problem for you would be how these Euro Mazda dealers getting the US spec LED headlight unit. You wouldn't want an E-code LED headlight on the left and SAE/DOT headlight on the right! :) But I wouldn't mind to have both E-code LED headlights if Mazda is willing to replace both!

Of course another problem for you would be how these Euro Mazda dealers getting the US spec LED headlight unit. You wouldn't want an E-code LED headlight on the left and SAE/DOT headlight on the right! :) But I wouldn't mind to have both E-code LED headlights if Mazda is willing to replace both!

FML

I may just budget for a new one in a couple months. [emoji17]

...:eek:r just wait for it to fail. No rush really

I typed this up on my Smartphone using Tapatalk [emoji12]

Update: I have contacted MAZDAEurope through twitter and they have responded. Perhaps I will get some new lights after all

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

Update: I have contacted MAZDAEurope through twitter and they have responded. Perhaps I will get some new lights after all
Hopefully you'll get both E-code LED headlights with better light output pattern, and without these ugly amber side marker reflectors on both sides.

Hopefully you'll get both E-code LED headlights with better light output pattern, and without these ugly amber side marker reflectors on both sides.

Didn't even think of that!!

It's BOTH headlights now

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

unless the USDM headlights output a flat or DOT style z-beam pattern, only then will the EDM headlights be an improvement
on the 3rd gen 3, both USDM and EDM headlights have the same z-beam pattern, only the USDM aiming is towards the left for the purposes of overhead road sign illumination... in other words, no benefit other than no "ugly" amber retroreflectors in the corners for EDM headlights on the 3

Back