Post Pictures of Your CX-5 Mods, Upgrades and Accessories!

New exhaust tips came in. In the JDM spirit and to go along with what my Evo 9 had, I went with burnt tips.

before anyone mentions it, i need to retape down the bumper protector.

muQGeGp.jpg

PIYvZ2f.jpg

RkEbFqz.jpg

purchase link http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-High-Quality-Stainless-Steel-Car-Automobile-Exhaust-Tip-Tail-Pipe-Muffler-For-MAZDA-CX-5/32379617219.html

Scythe024, I like your exhaust tips so much, I ordered a pair. They seem to fit well over the existing tips, but should I have them welded?

Scythe024, I like your exhaust tips so much, I ordered a pair. They seem to fit well over the existing tips, but should I have them welded?

I haven't had any issue with it just slid on. No vibration issues. I would only weld them if you are worried about someone steeling it. Think they have a hole to use a nut and/bolt to hold it tight.

Nice exhaust tips Scythe024, you convinced me as well to buy them from Aliexpress, will wait patiently to fit them to my 2016 CX5.....

db9e7d442223b7b4d66a9a878f33a04b.jpg

Mine arrived today! Gave them a quick polish and two coats of FK1000p sealant for extra shine. I think they look fantastic, although the emblem does say 'mazdaspeed' rather than what the listing showed which was 'CX-5 Skyactiv'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tail lights done today . everything but roof rack and wheel center caps blacked out .
13023566_10209252174165386_1368315011_n.jpg

13059410_10209252174685399_2046232199_n.jpg

13059695_10209252370290289_387538235_n.jpg

13059611_10209252373170361_1848503663_n.jpg

13082021_10209252370730300_142629255_n.jpg

why did you do this ?? you paid an extra $1150 for the tech package LED tailights and then blacked them out ? I can barely see your tail lights when they are on in the 2nd picture. Can you reverse this or you have to get new replacement lights ? this is a police magnet, no one even blacks out tail lights anymore in 2016

Last edited:
You can get led tails that are smoked from the housing out for about 300.. also led taillight black housing with very light smoke lens.

You can get led tails that are smoked from the housing out for about 300.. also led taillight black housing with very light smoke lens.
14231197_10157340828575487_8471569041513397157_o.j  pg

Last edited:
Hi Chris_Top_Her,
Those LED's looks very CooL. (lol2)
If I may ask: Where did you acquire the bumper LED lights?

because it's stupid and I can't see them at night, I could care less as long as they don't affect other's safety

why pay an extra grand for the OEM LED taillights just to black them out

But without a nighttime picture, how can you know his LED's can't be seen at night? If anything, they are most adequate at night when tinted...

because it's stupid and I can't see them at night, I could care less as long as they don't affect other's safety

why pay an extra grand for the OEM LED taillights just to black them out

i dont know where you live but i see many cars with tinted tail lights all over . and at night you can see them fine . i didnt tint the 3rd break light for saftey lol . iv been driving around like this for a long time now with no problem . on both my cars . my car has led break lights and i think they were way to bright without tint . the cx5 is not as bright but you can still see em . i drive from maryland to key west with both cars all the time . no one cairs .

i dont know where you live but i see many cars with tinted tail lights all over . and at night you can see them fine . i didnt tint the 3rd break light for saftey lol . iv been driving around like this for a long time now with no problem . on both my cars . my car has led break lights and i think they were way to bright without tint . the cx5 is not as bright but you can still see em . i drive from maryland to key west with both cars all the time . no one cairs .[/QUOTE]but what about in daylight?

The daylight vision would be my concern. If you stop and get rear ended, the person that hit you can fight saying they didnt see your brake lights. Not worth it to me.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk

The daylight vision would be my concern. If you stop and get rear ended, the person that hit you can fight saying they didnt see your brake lights. Not worth it to me.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk
like i said i got 3rd break light and you can see them enough . the other thing is you shoudnt count on anyones lights working . i cant tell you how many lights i see out all the time that dont work at all . if you drive save and watch your distance you got nothing to worey about . and there are the times when you stop and take you foot off the break so what then ? end all . you need to drive safe not tail gate and keep a safe distance . not my fault if you dont no how to drive or are on you phone and doing makeup . no cop has ever said anything about my tail lights on any of my cars .there are cops all over where i live so they have seen them plenty of times . so untill there is a problem im happy . its a film i can rip off if i wanted to so if i get hit ill pull it off and its your word against mine lol . :-0

Back