eBay HID'S

Thinking about getting a set of hid's for my pro5 and was wondering if anyone purchased any off of eBay or has recommendations on which kit to go with? Thank you.

HID enthusiasts would recommend a kit from TRS. They'll be pricier, but quality and support is what you're paying for. If you want to go with the more economical route, go with DDM. Getting warranty claims with them will take more time and potentially a headache.

And enthusiasts will also say do it the right way and go with a retrofit along with getting an HID kit. And don't go higher than 5500K for bulbs.

the ballasts on ebay HIDs are garbage. The last set i had were Xentech brand and would flicker all the time. If you're on a budget go with ddm tuning, if you'd like to get a nicer set Morimoto from theretrofitsource.

You should also do a projector retrofit or you'll just blind everyone on the highway. There's a few how-to's on this site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should also do a projector retrofit or you'll just blind everyone on the highway. There's a few how-to's on this site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

definitely this^. I found visibility is actually worse with HIDs compared to stock halogens in the oem headlights

I was just thinking about putting in some hid's there is a lot more work doing a retrofit, and my headlights aren't in the greatest shape.

Thinking about getting a set of hid's for my pro5 and was wondering if anyone purchased any off of eBay or has recommendations on which kit to go with? Thank you.

When it comes to getting stuff, the adage is if its too good to be true, it usually is. There's a reason those ebay HID's are as cheap as they are and chances are, you'll end up paying a lot more down the line because the kit you got burned out or worse took some other component with it. Just spend the extra money and get some quality kits.

...or you could get some stock bulbs, some dielectric grease, and just settle for headlights that Consumer Reports said were the best on any car offered in 2002.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I bought both my 55w kits and replacement bulbs from DDM.
Ebay HID bulbs usually last for just roughly a year.
The last set of 5000K HID bulbs I got from DDM lasted almost 3 years for me. That's amazing for cheapo HID bulbs.

Back