Alamo1's P5-T Build

what are you using to turn up the boost with? I have a turbosmart boost tee and I would like to turn up my boost more than 8, but im getting a spike to 10 first. I wouldnt want 12 psi spikes then settling to to 9-10 psi

I was getting a 10 spike from 8psi also. I only noticed it when I was already in boost, like 4-5psi and then matted it. It really didn't feel good when I did it so it only happened a couple times. I haven't tried it with the boost higher and don't think I will.

Last edited:
Add a resonator, and not a muffler and you'll have a much deeper tone, without the "raspy-ness" of it.

Add a resonator, and not a muffler and you'll have a much deeper tone, without the "raspy-ness" of it.

You mean a straight through with no deadner rather than a glass pack? I kinda like the sound of it right now.

Last edited:
You mean a straight through with no deader rather than a glass pack? I kinda like the sound of it right now.

No. Glasspacks are for ricers and 90's chevy trucks with gian bowtie stickers on the back window.

Just add a resonator at about mid way, and it will deepen the tone.

or a Corksport "Power Series". They sound awesome!

[with a dump for when it's appropriate!]

Last edited:
Great build, just got done going through the whole thread. Anything new to add? Its only been 9 months since your last post. Wait didn't you have a kid on the way too? I bet that is what happened.

Haha. We've moved towns, I've changed jobs and I've still had a few minutes to work on my car here and there. I'll post up when she's ready to run again.

So here's the start of the updates. I got a little time to work on her today thanks to my generous wife. Finally got the side mouldings off and the adhesive all cleaned up.

Also I have finished my oil temp sender and gauge/stereo swap-out. I had to take the filter half of my relocate system to work and mill one of the holes deeper to fit the sensor probe. I was really happy to get a stereo that had illumination capable of changing to red to match the interior lighting. Especially because I bought it for fifty bucks and had no idea that it would at first...

The happy green light in the bottom of the dark pic is the Microtech just waiting for a chance to call the shots under the hood. I have also hooked up a second fog switch to the clutch and Microtech to operate the flatshift function. It works pretty well but I haven't tried it on the road yet. I've found that it does not quite limit RPM to the specified number. I'll be able to say more once I try it out of the garage.

Continuing plans are as follows:
- Replace the original intake manifold less VTCS to see if the VICS has a better effect on power than the hogged out one.
- Run the motor for one oil change (possibly time shortened) then install OE oil cooler to see the effects on the oil quality and temps
- Continue adjusting fuel maps to clean up the tune.
- Some other tidbits are in the works but will be keeping them on the DL for right now.

So I added a vibrant street power muffler to my exhaust cuz the wife was constantly complaining about my car waking up our 16month old when I leave for work at 6:50am. It sounds really good and its quite a bit quieter but I'm sad that I no longer have the rip roarin sound I used to. Did a little bit more tuning on cold starts as well to get er going smoother on these chilly spring mornings.

Our engines are identical. Well, mine has 275K kms on it. Just get some bolt ons like a turbo and you can have the same car as mine. My turbo setup is always for sale for the right price.

I know that I meant with the turbo and everything! And mine has 180k miles:/

So here's the start of the updates. I got a little time to work on her today thanks to my generous wife. Finally got the side mouldings off and the adhesive all cleaned up.

Also I have finished my oil temp sender and gauge/stereo swap-out. I had to take the filter half of my relocate system to work and mill one of the holes deeper to fit the sensor probe. I was really happy to get a stereo that had illumination capable of changing to red to match the interior lighting. Especially because I bought it for fifty bucks and had no idea that it would at first...

The happy green light in the bottom of the dark pic is the Microtech just waiting for a chance to call the shots under the hood. I have also hooked up a second fog switch to the clutch and Microtech to operate the flatshift function. It works pretty well but I haven't tried it on the road yet. I've found that it does not quite limit RPM to the specified number. I'll be able to say more once I try it out of the garage.

Continuing plans are as follows:
- Replace the original intake manifold less VTCS to see if the VICS has a better effect on power than the hogged out one.
- Run the motor for one oil change (possibly time shortened) then install OE oil cooler to see the effects on the oil quality and temps
- Continue adjusting fuel maps to clean up the tune.
- Some other tidbits are in the works but will be keeping them on the DL for right now.

those middle gauges look sweet.

It's been quite a while but I've got some mods on the way. Ferdi trans brace, gtx fifth gear, welded MSP diff, MSP oil cooler and homemade vac block. I did get ahold of a set of pistons and rods but don't have the cash for the machining and the extra parts. Pics...

13344322843_4debe621ee_z.jpg

13344322043_cce5ccfb80_z.jpg

13344577014_8de8fd5c4d_z.jpg

13344575804_b1c0439214_z.jpg

13344188155_e9642ee604_z.jpg

Last edited:
Started machining the transaxle case yesterday. Milling the face was easy. Dialing it in for boring will be the tedious part.

Have to put both bearing races in part way, then run a straight edge along them to clamp the case directly parallel with the x-axis of the mill. After that I'll dial one bore, move over the prescribed amount according to Ferdi's blueprint and then hopefully the second bore will be concentric to the head. The only bad thing about my father-in-law's milling machine is that it doesn't have a digital readout. It'll be slow but I like machining my own parts.

BEFORE

AFTER 0.157" milled off.

Finished the final Ferdi plate install with grey rtv and green loctite this morning at work. Took about 12 hours including all the setup. I have to say I'm pretty pleased with how it came out especially on a manual milling machine with out a digital readout. Had to spend $50 on a precision straight edge to get the thing dialed into the table x-axis. Now I just have to wait for my bearings and seals to finish the transaxle and then it goes back in the car. Hopefully ill have them in a couple weeks.

More pics.

Dialing in the head to the table beforehand.

Face milling.

Boring the secondary shaft hole.

Finished machining. I had to hand file the radius' between the two bores. They're not the nicest but they help keep the part tight.

Final test fit before install.

Last edited:
Back