New Member 2003 MAZDASPEED PROTEGE 03.5 (Laser Blue)

Zixxer

:
Honda S2000
Just picked it up today, really rough shape.

Paid $900
200k miles runs rough, has a bad misfire.

But has lots of potential!
Mods:
Corksport FMIC SETUP W/ TURBOSMART BOV W/ COLD AIR INTAKE K&N AIR FILTER
MAZDA 626 INTAKE MANIFOLD
UNICHIP PLUG&PLAY ENGINE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
JAYS RACING FUEL RAIL
WALBORO FUEL PUMP 255
AEROMOTIVE FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR
3inch exhaust.
Evo 8 wheels

I believe the previous owner was a member on here.

I'm looking for a complete wiring harness for the engine, lots of wires have been cut. Also need passenger side doors. Plus other parts I'm sure!!

I'm located near Baltimore Maryland.

The last two pics are what the car looked like when he originally purchased the car, I need to get it back to that, right now it's a mess.

Attachments

• speeed.jpg
    speeed.jpg
    452.1 KB · Views: 425
  • DSC03588_zps1daa4657.JPG
    DSC03588_zps1daa4657.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 428
  • DSC03606_zps53cfb7d0.JPG
    DSC03606_zps53cfb7d0.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 518
Last edited:
Looks pretty damn clean. A clean msp is a damn rare thing. Take care of her.
You can get a wiring harness from a wrecker from any 2.0 liter es/p5 or msp. What exactly is missing? Unichip supposed to be plug and play. You might also getrid if the 626 manifold. The car will be better in most situations with the stock one. Atainable from any 2.0 protege.

You will prob need to get ny doors you find painted to match.
Good score for $900 for sure.

Thanks! Yeah for $900 I couldn't leave it. The wiring is a mess, all the injector, coil wires, coolant sensor, and random vac lines have been cut and spliced!
I have no idea why.

The passenger side of the car is rough, paint does not match.

eeeeh... well. you could change the wire harness, but it might be cheaper to find a ultra high milage p5 parts car then you can pillage what you need. the entire harness to the cabin is direct swap but not super easy. might be a good time to pull up the wiring diagram and do a custom tucked wire harness in the bay. with a clean bay like that, your well ahead of the rest of us. not sure why PO would have to cut anything in the bay unless he was running a stand alone unit, but event hen you could do any wiring needed in the cabin so... ghetto.. but it is what it is.

if the doors are structurally ok, just get them repainted on the outside. i say this cause doors from different cars dont always line up right. even from the same year.

you will definitly spend some time and money on this car. but you got a very good starting point. even if it needs a new engine, you can get those anywhere.. just treat your rare car nice and she will make you smile. perhaps not as much as an s2000 but its a helluva lot more practical.

Yeah, i definitely need a wiring diagram. It has the uni-chip with the map selection switch in the glove box, really nice! I can't understand all the cut wires??

The doors are full of Bondo! Someone did a terrible job on that side, I might just grab two others and have them painted.

The MSP is alot more practical then my S2000 for sure, maybe faster when it's running right!

tough to say.. i think s2000s make more static horsepower but the msp will make more torque. for general driving around the msp is gonna feel faster, and when you mat it and drive like a lunatic the s2000 prob better.
s2000 has a much much bigger aftermarket with bolt on s*** where the msp will require very expensive, custom made stuff in limited quantities. but that is where its charm comes i think. it was the only protege in any market to come with a factory turbocharger and the trim package that it did. even the mazdaspeed familia japan didnt get the trim stuffs the msp got. so it is certainly a rare breed of car worth holding onto. and for the price you got yours, you really got something special.

fix it up for sure. there are a million billion proteges out there to get parts from. you basically have a es/p5 with a turbo and trim package bolted up, so all the engine and car stuff is the same. go pick and pull.

thought you wanted a wiring harness? what you need a whole motor for?

Back