Plugged Brake?

2ndrew

:
2002 Protege5
Hey everyone,

Just picked up a 2002 protege5, and I've been trying to fix it up for inspection. I've been having a hell of a time with the rear left caliper, and today I just figured out why. The brake line was not even connected! It looks like someone disconnected the line from the Dual Proportioning Valve, and then plugged it. Is there ANY good reason why someone would do this? I wasn't planning on bleeding the lines, but I guess I have to now to reconnect everything up...

dpv.JPGbrakes (1).jpg

Could have been sticking or leaking. You'll likely find out when you hook it back up.

Well, it is all hooked back up. Now to look for drips.

Even if it was done because of a leak, eliminating one of your brakes seems like a poor fix. It was probably a temporary fix that became permanent.

No leaks... Did an oil change and front brakes. Drove it around and everything seems to be working fine. Would someone disconnect the brake line and plug the distribution if the caliper went bad?

No leaks... Did an oil change and front brakes. Drove it around and everything seems to be working fine. Would someone disconnect the brake line and plug the distribution if the caliper went bad?

Yeah, if it was dragging and they managed to compress it, then plug the brake line so it won't actuate anymore.

Feel the wheel/brake after driving - make sure it isn't hot (dragging) ;)

The brake line in question led to the caliper i ended up replacing (also did all pads and rotors) and now brakes smoother and quieter than my 2009 Impreza.

Back