Snow... it happend

I also have to give crappytire the plug forthis. For life in canada, dispite the limited brand selection ect, their road hazzard waranty covers pretty much anything if you buy the tires from them. I let my msp sit around on a flat winter tire for a year. Just took it in and it was fixed for free.
Think it was like $7/tire which covers it for the entire service life of the tire

Meh. -10 at sealevel is pretty miserable lol. We get a lot of wind and freezing rain.
I'd gladly trade for alberta dry winter. Ah well I remember going out in shorts in winter as a kid. Anyone who says climate change iant a thing is an idiot heh

So I could run a 205/55/16 ? I donno never bought tires.

NO. That would be 5% difference and is not recommended by any manufacturer. 5% of 60km/hr is 3km/hr which seems small til you get a ticket. Sorry, I just remembered you're allowed radar detectors in AB.(Arrrggh jealous)

Tires: A small tutorial: The first # is the width in milimeters, the second # is a percentage of the first; the third is the wheel or rim diameter in inches(yes mixed measurements)
Always try to keep within +\- 2 percent of outside diameter of the tire. See my previous post with the tire size comparison link.

So I could run a 205/55/16 ? I donno never bought tires.

and don't tell me vic gets cold wussy

I did it for a few months without any issues. Your speedometer will read a little slow, so you'll need to account for that. 205/55 is a much more common size than the alternatives, and is easier to find both new and used.

It's right on the verge of being too big, but I never noticed a power difference, and they didn't rub on the stock wheels. It was nice to get good used tires practically anywhere for 60 or less a pair.

Last edited:
Back