What have you done to your MS3 today?

geez even the trailer tires look under inflated! Hope you have a Bobcat or something cause thats a lot a shovelin' Man
: )

Not to jack the thread, but:

1. My '08 MS3, mods below, just hit 115k miles and going strong. Just put a rebuilt K04 in, and replaced some front bushings in swaybar and end links, but otherwise trouble free.

2. I tow a full size Kubota M series diesel farm tractor with bushhog or disk on a 24' equipment trailer, close to 10k pounds, with a SUV! 315 horse Nissan Armada with tow package, which includes load leveling air shocks and bags for the rear axles. No problem with power, except fuel mileage falls from a whopping 13 to 6 or seven. I need some photos and a bigger gas tank! Fortunately, I don't need to tow the entire load very often. The trailer is dual axle and the SUV has load range E tires.

You'd be surprised what you can tow if you can level out the truck and trailer and have the proper tires.

Last edited:
Last few weeks been unproductive for me, I washed the car a dozen times or so, installed Eonon GM5163, had to come back later to install reverse camera since it took a long time from China. Installed stebil nautilus horn and that's about it. The horn paid for itself already as one accident was avoided with its crazy loudness. The camera was a direct replacement for a plate lens cover so that's a bonus (I did have to cut a small piece under bumper cover to get it to fit right). Love the eonon, hated the maps so I downloaded igo primo 2.4 with 2015q2 maps (that's January release maps) and was a major upgrade. My only issue is it won't let me see pandora menu.

Spotted another genpu in black today with mud flaps, thing looked sick.

geez even the trailer tires look under inflated! Hope you have a Bobcat or something cause thats a lot a shovelin' Man
: )
Yeah, the right side was < 10 psi - oops! The left one was marginal. Guess I need to find some load-range E tires for it.

Ha! No Bobcats. Coupla house cats and two strays we feed. :D I have a tile project in the house, plus I'm rebuilding the home entertainment center to accommodate up to an 80" TV. My Onkyo TX-NR838 is itching for 7.2 :D

Last edited:
Well it's official this motor is done. Shop took the oil pan off and found to much metal to even consider investing anymore time or money. Been back and forth about what to do. But, since I can't sell it obviously for what I owe or trade it in. I'm going to pull the trigger on a Cp-E motor. I just can't see the point of putting a remanufactured motor in when I'll be auto-crossing it and making long trips in it. So the decision now is what stage. Basically between stage one or three. Only reason not really considering two is for the simple fact stage three is only about 800 more with the new head, and at the point of cost and time waiting, just seems like it would be stupid not to wait a little longer for more piece of mind. Crazy to think I'll be investing more in a motor than I did on purchasing the car lol. So in the mean time looks like I'll be working on the Mx-3 to use for track days.

Oh not related to Speed 3 but my Cx-5 is STILL being repaired so looks like I'll be taking the rental to an auto-cross this weekend hopefully haha. Wasn't going to but since it's for charity figured it was a good cause and nice just to get some seat time in. I have a Ford fiesta at the moment but considered swapping it out for a Challenger haha. oh and never realized apparently you can now rent Skyline's, Lambo's, etc from Hertz. might have to do this one day haha.

... I have a Ford fiesta at the moment but considered swapping it out for a Challenger haha. oh and never realized apparently you can now rent Skyline's, Lambo's, etc from Hertz. might have to do this one day haha.
Just wait for the 810 hp Hellcat.

So after talking to Eric from Edge and doing some research for racing looks like I will be officially going with Cp-e's Stage 2 motor to keep with the 2.3L. Now to figure out new clutch and flywheel to be matched up to it while it's out. Hopefully will be going to Cp-E in person tomorrow as well to talk to them and finalize everything. Didn't realize they were only 90 miles from my house!! Good thing I just got a promotion at work to fund all this haha. Hoping to have it done before next season. But will keep everyone updated.

Well looks like I'll be bringing the car to Cp-E hopefully this week to have them start building my motor :).

Last edited:
Well looks like I'll be bringing the car to Cp-E hopefully this week to have them start building my motor :).
AWESOME.

#jealous

just drained my oil and cant find the filter wrench. my life is a wonderful disaster.

gotta replace the rr caliper on the Krapwagen c240 wednesday. ate the inner pad up. Thanks for cleaning that up for me stealership like i specifically asked you to do in Feb. 3000 miles later its gone. sliders corroded and never cleaned up.
i loathe having someone else work on my car

Hope to get the new turbo plumbed back in. Oil and coolant lines this weekend including down pipe.
we shall see if i get anything done at all.. next would be to get the grimmspeed mounted and and the heat shields on.

I think i am going to just look towards next spring. too many other things to do lately.House, Grand Son work It pains me. but we shall see.
Best wishes to all of you !
Cheers
Eric

Yea I'm pretty hyped! Wish I had the time to do it myself. But neither have the time nor tools/space to do it sadly. I never knew they were so close to my house and are awesome. Spent some time with them on the phone Friday. Willing to work with me so won't be a quick job due to finances, but just couldn't fathom spending almost 5,000 for another factory motor. But just got a promotion at one job, and hopefully soon at my second job and will be picking up a third job to pay for this sadly. I don't have either of my kids right now so figured this would be the best time to keep me busy and mind off missing them.

This will hopefully be done and payed for and have the car back by the beginning of Spring. Sucks it will take so long, but they are understanding and said it was no problem. Stupid life and bills lol. Excited but still have to keep priorities. Sucks I'll also miss all the auto-crosses this year but will be hitting them all very hard next year with the car and motor broke in. Also planning a Tail of the Dragon trip once it's done. :)

You seem really focused. Glad to hear that you have a clear path to follow. Patience is worth the investment.
Tail of the dragon is on my bucket list and second is getting a speeding ticket there lolzz.
Keep us posted : )

Thank you. It's the most focused I've been in a long time. Guess just getting old haha. It is and with everything I've been through figured I deserve it and if I'm doing this don't want to be cheap for once at this point of investment or have to replace it again from not doing it the first time. First motor swap or full build I've invested in and just want it to be done right. I'll mess up on the Mx-3 myself since it's cheaper lol. I definitely will even though just seems like you and me keeping this thread alive sadly. Think I'll start preparing a build thread.
Haha road trip? I'm down for company on it and photo's. Haha that would be a ticket I wouldn't even mind lol.

Thank you. It's the most focused I've been in a long time. Guess just getting old haha. It is and with everything I've been through figured I deserve it and if I'm doing this don't want to be cheap for once at this point of investment or have to replace it again from not doing it the first time. First motor swap or full build I've invested in and just want it to be done right. I'll mess up on the Mx-3 myself since it's cheaper lol. I definitely will even though just seems like you and me keeping this thread alive sadly. Think I'll start preparing a build thread.
Haha road trip? I'm down for company on it and photo's. Haha that would be a ticket I wouldn't even mind lol.
Build thread would be excellent.

You haven't done the filter conversion yet?
Hey Mike,
Whats the advantage?
I might not lose the other style oil filter wrench? ha ha.
Considered adding the oil pressure sandwich plate and going to the ext. But thats the only reason i would do it.

Today Edge is shipping My Perm tuned plate out, my flex oil feed line for the turbo and some studs and nuts. Corksport provides all the hardware with the new turbo, but i wanted new to me PG exhaust manifold suds and nuts. Too late i already installed it. next time around. if i dont lose them too.
Still waiting for notice the Samco lower radiator hose is ready to ship.
Forgot to stop at Mazda for the wrench. I have to stop at Advance Auto for a caliper for the Krapwagen, i will see if they have loaner but doubt it. then to Mazda.
maybe the following weekend i can button up the exhaust side.
I have been very tempted to not to install JMF intake manifold and CS injector seals etc this year and get it back out and tuned. But i should resist and do it all finally.

Anu2, i often do that. and have for about 8 years. just grab a beer and look at it for a little while.
neat cars for sure.
If they had made the P5 mazdaspeed though, i would not have a Speed 3.
keeping eyes open for an Audi S4/S3 wagen for my next winter car.

any body got any extra catch cans? . Need two. One needs to be Damond's and the other can be an ebay cheapo
Thanks

Back