Heat not working

kane2o13

:
2003 Mazdaspeed Protege
Ok so my heart isn't working on my 03 msp and was wondering if there are common problems to look for. I plan on trying to fix it today so any advice would help a lot

Ok so my heart isn't working on my 03 msp and was wondering if there are common problems to look for. I plan on trying to fix it today so any advice would help a lot

Does the car take an excessive length of time to reach operating temperature?

Does the temperature control knob still have resistance when turning, or does it move freely?

Are both the inlet and outlet hoses on the heater core hot?

Get the car up to operating temperature and see if both the hoses going into the firewall are hot and relatively the same temperature. If one is hot and the other is cold, that means you don't have flow across your heater core.

Though it's unlikely, remove the glovebox, and make sure that your temperature control cable is still attached to the blend door.

There are really only 3 possibilities- failed thermostat (stuck open), disconnected/broken/inop blend door/hvac cable, or restricted heater core.

Does the car take an excessive length of time to reach operating temperature?

Does the temperature control knob still have resistance when turning, or does it move freely?

Are both the inlet and outlet hoses on the heater core hot?

My heat also does not work and my temperature dial is stiff just as you said. How do I fix this? Also my A/C light only comes on for fan speed settings 1 and 4.

You need a new fan switch for the a/c, and the wiring/connector may be damaged. It may work for a while if you repair the connector on the back.

Back