Gt2871r tuning

chorton1993

:
2003.5 mazdaspeed protege
i recently installed a gt2871r turbo, on my mazdaspeed protege along with a fmic, boost controller relocated maf preformance radiator catback cai etc. my question is i need a tune. i got the ssafc but i have no idea what map to use and im not prepared to tune it myself right now i dont let my car boost considering its not tuned. it goes to about 5 or 6 and i let off. i bought a wideband have to install it too. please help anyone. you can text me or post pm for number better response thanks in advance

i recently installed a gt2871r turbo, on my mazdaspeed protege along with a fmic, boost controller relocated maf preformance radiator catback cai etc. my question is i need a tune. i got the ssafc but i have no idea what map to use and im not prepared to tune it myself right now i dont let my car boost considering its not tuned. it goes to about 5 or 6 and i let off. i bought a wideband have to install it too. please help anyone. you can text me or post pm for number better response thanks in advance

I live close to you bro I could tune it for ya for a nonmanal fee im in chambersburg pa im running a fully built msp with a gtx 3071r and 440cc injectors with a ssafc email me at bobbyboneback@gmail.com

Im buying a gt2871r and need some answer on installation tips if one of u can pm me it would be very appreciate thanks a lot !

I would advise against tuning it by yourself especially if you don't know what you are doing. I would take it to a shop who can tune it for you. I would also install the wideband first before tuning the car that would be a wise decision. And unless you are forged I wouldn't boost more than 6 psi on that turbo. My 2 cents.

First of all, install the wideband before changing the tune. Secondly, tuning with the AFC is simple. Initially, just to get a base tune, run the superstock map. Do you have V1 or V2? If V2, datalog a drive and see what your values are at and adjust as needed. If you don't feel comfortable tuning at all, have someone else do it, but the AFC is pretty straight forward.

Back