The little things. What do you love about your Mazda?

MichaelBrown

:
2012 Mazda5 6MT
In this thread we post about one or more things we love about our Mazda's!

I love that, in my 2012 Mazda 5 Sport, when I just tap the window button, the window will go down a predetermined amount everytime. It's like a perfect amount of venting everytime. I love the attention to detail.

I love the 50/50 weight distribution, the sound of the rotary at 10K rpms, and the schoolboy-with-a-Hustler grip. I'll never sell my FD...unless it's for a lower mileage white one. :)

Last edited:
I love the way the car drives smaller than it really is, I can always count on it to handle better than i need it to in any situation.

I love the way the car drives smaller than it really is, I can always count on it to handle better than i need it to in any situation.

this is what turned me on to mazdas in the first place.

i absolutely LOVE my miata, even two years after having driven it home! the car just communicates everything its doing so well.

our mazda5? can a people hauler be any more fun to drive?!? i love how it will always hold the corners. does it have its flaws? sure - could stand to have a bit more power, a bit better fuel mileage, a little less body roll, a manual transmission on the GT trim level... but when i have to drive out on the twistie back roads, all those flaws seem to drift into the background and the cars true character is revealed - and it even has the original OEM suspension.

my protege that i drove every day for 11 years was one of the best cars i've owned. again, not a very powerful car, but the most fun to drive of all its direct competitors - and priced better for the content. i still wax nostalgic whenever i see another nice 3rd gen protege.

The one thing I would change about mine is the programming of the automatic trans to seek the highest gear at all times. I can drive it in "manual mode" but that isn't nearly as satisfying as the trans just getting it right on its own. Having owned a 5 with both transmissions, I can say that the auto totally changes the character of the car. The manual is just a more playful automobile all the way around. I still love my auto to death though, shes getting on towards 200K and still hasn't let me down once.

My kids enjoy it so much they would both fall asleep in the car, my wife calls my mazda the "Sleeper".

Back