Civic type R

I had to cut mine as they would not come out. One did come out but snapped so i have to zip tie them both down

Thank you so much for the service manual. I found the stupid abs line bracket i had to cut. You have to remove the hub first apparently which is kinda annoying. Pics are coming soon, just got crap weather here at the moment.

Hey i finally decided to post some pics.

First up my corksport stuff arrived I ordered a wing and also a rear torsion bar after not going with the tri bar simply cause no wants bashed muffler

Here is the wing
DSC_0050.jpg

Looks so good does it not? Gave 30 kg of downforce at 200kms a hour

DSC_0053.jpg

and one of a drive after installing it
DSC_0023.jpg

I also realised that my tyre pressures were all over the place from the dealership after this so i adjusted them and car was much better

Is that rear sway bar only bolted to the torsion beam in single shear? I haven't seen pics of one installed until now.

Not sure what you mean by single shear. If it is the bolt then yes.they attach to the bar via two holes and torqued to 65ft pounds from memory. It was worth the money and is easy to install.

Here is a heim joint mounted in single shear:

http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r740/NwiTACO2/SAC2/P1000135_zpsce0c57c4.jpg

And here is a heim joint mounted in double shear:

http://www.genright.com/images/products/GenRight_TWISTED_HR.jpg

Double shear has the heim captured on both sides to eliminate flex of what is is mounted to which will minimize the likelihood of a fatigue failure... in the torsion beam application it would likely either A) loosen the nut/bolt by stretching the bolt, or B) pull the bolt head through the torsion beam.

I'll concede that I don't have it in front of me to really look at and real world application beats theoretical problems. I'm sure they've used them for quite some time, but it would be a good idea to pull the bar after maybe 10k miles of hard use and see if the bolts are stretched/bent and check the torsion beam to see if it's been compressed under the bolt heads... which since the bolts are harder than the torsion beam, I'd bet is the most likely scenario.

FWIW I'll probably buy it anyway as it's cost effective and like you said it doesn't hang down or hit the muffler.

Also you didn't say, what are your driving impressions after installing the bar?

Last edited:
Sorry i totally forgot. I would recommend the bar, it really improves initial turn in and makes the front of the car seem to dig in more when turning, rotating if you like to call it. Understeer is greatly reduced and the car seems much more chuckable, but found my tyres were the next limiting factor.
I will check to see how the torsion beam is with the bolts like you mentioned in about 3000kms as that is when next service is due.

I did also install a AWR engine mount and thought it was awesome, but soon started to hate it lol. Stop start traffic id just too much with it. I think i will poly fill the standard mount

Where do i begin with this update

Last post was about the corksport bar, well i bought a wing from them also and had it painted jett black. This would start the turning piont from where i had the car standard to lightly moded, as in the next week i hit it with all the mods i had lined up
I took photos of them but i seem to have lost them

Eibach springs and camber bolts
AWR engine mount
DDM Works shifter bushes )only installed about three weeks about from this post)
Mazda speed ms-01s wheels with RE002 tires 205/45/16

This is when my fuel economy when down hill, i did notice that the agility of the car did go down a bit when i put the new tures on but the grip was immense and could take corners so fast i was getting scared of where the limit was.
As much as i enjoyed the new found grip i was loosing so much fuel economy that i took it back to mazda to get checked( I returned the car back to stock besides springs and camber bolts) With the stock wheels on, the economy went back up but was still missing a bit from before i started the mods. Mazda said the car was fine and said the wing might be causing the issue.
The main issue with the wheels seems to be too much tire for the car and the rolling diameter is same as stock. The wheels are very light weight but you can feel the drop in perfomance.

So now i am stuck as i now planning to depart with the wheels i love soo much and the wing i like might be coming off to see if it really is causing enough drag to hurt my economy.
Here are some pics i took a bit earlier.

Future plans...... I am currently trying to get some oz racing superleggaras in 15x7 and i am planning to maybe get a standard mazda 2 wing and get it wrapped black
Further down the track plans......Dynotronics flash, Fortune auto coil overs, Pads and misc

DSC_0050-1.jpg

IMG-20140509-WA0005.jpg

DSC_0142.jpg

DSC_0150.jpg

I forgot to mention that after living with the AWR mount for two months i decided to take it off. In stop start traffic it was a absolute b**** with vibrating. I poly filled my standard mount and am very happy with it now :)

Ohh and because i am soooo much awesomes. i bought a air freshener but in truth is a candle as it smells so good and will not fade away I know how smart am i!!!!. And doubles as a night light if i want to be romantic with myself

Ohh and sorry for the bad english i must go to library to learn to speak English better more

Last edited:
New wheels and tires arrived :) Hankook rs3 195/50/15
The wheels are team dynamics pro race 1.2 15x7 35et
Saving about a kilo and a bit over the old set up

DSC_0159.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great! I'm definitely a fan of black wheels on these cars (like my own).

The new wheel setup is awesome, with that kind of grip you'll have heaps of fun!

^Thanks guys

Have a update coming up
Did my first track day but left my computer at my GF house so no pics or anything.
Brakes held up very well and did not fade and the fluid did not even go bad. I was doing hard stops from over 150kms and the car just took it.
I did notice i need more power lol.

Pics very soon

I love those tires (RS-3s) they are so sticky ! I'm about to replace my worn out 225's ,going to step down to UHP tires for longer tire life . Have fun with those.

Update time

First track day in the car.

Was at Sandown raceway and had many types of cars ranging from track cars to GT3 and boxters and a lot of Renualt megane RS

I tracked the car at full weight as i did not have any tools to bring as i have been away from home with work.

I did however pick up some tow stickers as i thought i was going to end up in the sand at the first corner as it was a big stop and i was running standard pads and fluid. Which i was very worried about but did not get the chance to change.

DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

First session was me taking it easy and quickly found out i was a tad slower down the straight with a VW polo but would close up under brakes and cornering.
Have a video of the session but is 25mins long and quite boring

Second session
Timed this one with race chrono app
I stayed away from the polo as i wanted to try the tires out some more without worrying about rear ending another person. I was getting more and more confident which was great. TImes as follows PB was a 1.49.6
Screenshot_2014-09-09-17-46-09.png

Third session
This was where i was feeling the groove and started to push a bit more. I quickly got a rhythm going but with lots of traffic I was more concerned with safety rather than all out PB. I did find the limit of the standard shocks and the Eibach springs, through the back straight sweeper bump, the car would almost float through the bump and then land then bounce again. It was a bit unsettling to tell the truth. A friend reckons the springs were fully loaded and the shock hit the bump stops and it caused the s*** my pants feeling i was telling him about.

Screenshot_2014-09-09-17-46-21.png

Got a PB 1.47.59

DSC_0021.jpg

Reckon could take a second or so off with more bravery in the sweeper but will see how that goes

Took some pics after the third session as i was getting tired and did not feel up to running the fourth session. Car was great :) Realised i need more power hahahaha and more weight reduction.

DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0023-1.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

Will also look into getting more camber but am a bit limited in options. Might look into elongated hole on the shock lower bolts or get a top mount modified like a member on here

Last edited:
Minor update time,

Just been doing small things to the car. I drained the gb oil and put in some new pink stuff. First we jacked up the car level then drained the fluid then lowered the rear again and then used the old hose and funnel technique and just put in the required amount. Shifting has become a bit better but no major improvement really, the fluid that came out was a really yuk brown colour though. I had done 14000kms when we changed it. I also bled the clutch line as after the track day the clutch was very spongue and thought i killed the clucth, after the bleed it was all good.
DSC_0104.jpg

Any way here some pics of stuff i have bought
DSC_0032.jpg

Not sure if anyone has used one of these on here, it basically acts like a lock for the lap sash of the seat belt and holds you in tight.

DSC_0054.jpg

Got a birthday present from m GF from Corksport
DSC_0082.jpg

DSC_0083.jpg

Also picked up some CS pads but have not put them in yet as i am waiting for the stock pads to die

I went on a cruise to the mountains got covered in bugs lol
DSC_0100.jpg

DSC_0102.jpg

DSC_0103.jpg

Small update time.
Did a few autox events. They are called motorkhana here and can range from exptreamly tight and annoying to this event which was flowing and allowed speed. Anyway some pics. I came forth from this field, behind a 911 turbo s, which i sat in, and have never felt so sick from a launch in my life, a Cayman R and a track spec front engine older porche. I was very surprised i finished high in the order, but was very very happy none the less.
Enjoy
DSC_0142-1.jpg

DSC_0145.jpg

DSC_0146.jpg

DSC_0147.jpg

DSC_0152.jpg

Then went for a small drive to a mountain. It was a really nice day, really enjoyed the car, but going from the RS3 tires to the standard Toyo created a very big lose in confidance. But still did well considering, the tires were very unhappy when i got to the top of the mountain. They stank pretty bad hahaha

DSC_0184.jpg

DSC_0189.jpg

DSC_0190.jpg

DSC_0195.jpg

Got some upgrades planned soon but will see how it goes as i start a new job soon and need to impress them very much

Just read through it and realised how bad the spelling and grammar is. Hhahahha Ohh dear. I apologise to anyone who gets OCD about that stuff ahahha

Last edited:
Back