What did you pay for your CX-5?

Just picked up a GT FWD Base for $28.5 + TTL. Got $22k for my 2014 Subaru WRX with 21k mi. Dealer didn't budge much besides removing the interior warranty I didn't want in the first place. Got 0 down 59 mo @ $266/mo @ 5.9% apr and included 2 years of included maintenance. Somehow still ended up paying for stuff I didn't want and paying more than I initially agreed to but still ended up leaving with a smile. I'm the best kind of customer.

Just picked up a GT FWD Base for $28.5 + TTL. Got $22k for my 2014 Subaru WRX with 21k mi. Dealer didn't budge much besides removing the interior warranty I didn't want in the first place. Got 0 down 59 mo @ $266/mo @ 5.9% apr and included 2 years of included maintenance. Somehow still ended up paying for stuff I didn't want and paying more than I initially agreed to but still ended up leaving with a smile. I'm the best kind of customer.
Congrats!

Does the Base GT have Bose Audio?

Also do your wallet a favor and refinance in 30 days with a credit union. You should get 3% or better if your credit is better.

I love mine so far - Only complains:
Glare in mirror due to chrome, no padding in center armrest and need for a DRL which I will check back with forumites.

Nelson,

Caved yesterday, or at least felt that way. 2016.5 Touring, Crystal White, AWD, Auto. $1600 discount off of MSRP $27945, proc fee $579. Looks to be a 5.6% discount. Moral of the story--don't be set on just one color combination as it will limit the deals.

just fyi - my cost for FWD Touring with Bose + Moon roof came out to be 23911/- MSRP was 27245 for a 12.2 % discount
The taxes were 1500 + 400 processing fee that included a ton of stuff.
I underestimated my taxes.

This forum is great for saving me so much. I can now put some to make this a better ride.

Also Eclipse the APR on my corolla was 1.99 not 1.49 but you get the picture that you can get out of that loan easily.

Purchased a Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring FWD with technology package, I-activesense package (MSRP $32,125) for $31,800 driveout. Got them to throw in tinting, wheel locks, all weather mats, cargo cover, nitrogen (BS) for free. The breakdown was 29,567 sales price (incl. $500 Labor Day Rebate/Customer Bonus Cash Support) + TTL. I was also able to score the 0% for 36 months/0.9% for longer term financing offer on top of it all. Looks like I got about 8% discounted off MSRP and ~$600 worth of free stuff.

I purchased this car yesterday (last day of August), I was in discussions with 4 dealerships the week leading up, and ultimately had to go to 2 dealerships to get this deal. With the first dealership, I had negotiated a deal of $31,500 for driveout (without all weather mats or cargo cover). When I got there, I was completely caught off guard when they told me that there was a $750 "financing rebate" built into the sales price. So I had the option of getting the $750 "financing rebate" and going with standard financing rates (I was told ~2% for top credit scores), or getting the special financing rate 0%/0.9%, but then $750 would be added to the purchase price. I completely called them out on this, because I specifically asked them to break up the pricing and financing for me, and they were very defensive. They would not budge on price at all, and were not willing to add either of the accessories I wanted. I left that place immediately and went with my second option. Fortunately, the sales people at the second dealership were not interested in playing any of these bait-and-switch types of games, and we made the above deal almost immediately.

Thanks to y'all for all the posts about pricing. They definitely helped a ton!

Last edited:
Purchased a Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring FWD with technology package, I-activesense package (MSRP $32,125) for $31,800 driveout. Got them to throw in tinting, wheel locks, all weather mats, cargo cover, nitrogen (BS) for free. The breakdown was 29,567 sales price (incl. $500 Labor Day Rebate/Customer Bonus Cash Support) + TTL. I was also able to score the 0% for 36 months/0.9% for longer term financing offer on top of it all. Looks like I got about 8% discounted off MSRP and ~$600 worth of free stuff.

I purchased this car yesterday (last day of August), I was in discussions with 4 dealerships the week leading up, and ultimately had to go to 2 dealerships to get this deal. With the first dealership, I had negotiated a deal of $31,500 for driveout (without all weather mats or cargo cover). When I got there, I was completely caught off guard when they told me that there was a $750 "financing rebate" built into the sales price. So I had the option of getting the $750 "financing rebate" and going with standard financing rates (I was told ~2% for top credit scores), or getting the special financing rate 0%/0.9%, but then $750 would be added to the purchase price. I completely called them out on this, because I specifically asked them to break up the pricing and financing for me, and they were very defensive. They would not budge on price at all, and were not willing to add either of the accessories I wanted. I left that place immediately and went with my second option. Fortunately, the sales people at the second dealership were not interested in playing any of these bait-and-switch types of games, and we made the above deal almost immediately.

Thanks to y'all for all the posts about pricing. They definitely helped a ton!
Congrats!
Funny I hear the financing is $500 rebate. Once they quote you a price they will seldom come down - because they prey on buyers who are in a hurry and hope you pay the premium. Also once you step in without an agreed price- you are not in a great shape. Competing dealerships in a Metro will let go for cheap towards end of month if they are nearing a sales target or if they are in the max # sold and do not want to give up the lead.

My buying experience was also same - I was not getting a good deal till the day i bought it. I got a 12.2% off MSRP + Window Tint and Cargo Tray - good you got the other options.
I need to re finance though they gave me 5.09 with 760 credit score - his reasoning was you do not have too many credit cards / accounts, yes cause I am you know a bit responsible.
The dealership I bought it from I did a small test drive and walked out in 2 hours with the car.
Maybe one regret I have is I should have shopped GT instead of Trng.

2nd CX-5

What are you folks paying for your new CX-5's, in relation to MSRP?

I assume demand is far outreaching supply at the moment, and am curious what that's doing to the price.

I ask, primarily, because I have a fairly urgent need for a new vehicle, would like it to be the CX-5, but hate the idea of paying at, or above, MSRP :)

thanks!

This is my 2nd CX-5. Wanted all the options on the 2016 and I got both Tech packages. Love it. Friends and family discount made the deal.

Hi all,
i am in the market for a 2016/2016.5 cx-5 touring and i am wondering what you guys are getting for deals lately. i have been reading and know 10% off MSRP is kind of where i want to be at and i am shooting for it. now can someone help clarify for me if its 10% off msrp or total msrp? i noticed also from dealer to dealer their fees are different so i was able to get some waived or discounted. my main goal is the selling price at the moment. thanks all!

Hi all,
i am in the market for a 2016/2016.5 cx-5 touring and i am wondering what you guys are getting for deals lately. i have been reading and know 10% off MSRP is kind of where i want to be at and i am shooting for it. now can someone help clarify for me if its 10% off msrp or total msrp? i noticed also from dealer to dealer their fees are different so i was able to get some waived or discounted. my main goal is the selling price at the moment. thanks all!

I would say if you need a color combi + trim which is hard to find - 7.5 is not bad, anything more is just a bonus. Dealer fees will be $300 or so.
In general be aware of your state taxes etc. add $350 as dealer fees and ask them to beat the out of the door price.

Just completed a purchase today (NorCal).

Dealer offered me 10% off MSRP if I used "standard" financing (~3.49% APR), or 8% off MSRP (approx $500 extra) to use special rate of 0% for 36mos, or 0.9% for 60mos.

Also - there is a $250 Labor Day customer rebate going on right now through 9/6, so that helps a bit!

When you guys talk about "dealer fees" are you talking about document processing fee? My dealer charged $80 for this, just for reference...

Tancuan for me car cost is split as 3 -
Car cost
State Taxes + govt. taxes + rebates if any
Dealer fees

Now if i look at my invoice - my dealer fees had things like Inventory upkeep fees etc. : I dont mind as long as its under $400.

Just completed a purchase today (NorCal).

Dealer offered me 10% off MSRP if I used "standard" financing (~3.49% APR), or 8% off MSRP (approx $500 extra) to use special rate of 0% for 36mos, or 0.9% for 60mos.

Also - there is a $250 Labor Day customer rebate going on right now through 9/6, so that helps a bit!

When you guys talk about "dealer fees" are you talking about document processing fee? My dealer charged $80 for this, just for reference...

Thanks for the heads up in regards to the $250 labor day rebate. the dealer fees, i believe is in reference to the docs fees as u stated and for me it was $300-$350 depending on dealer.

now may i ask was it 10% off MSRP or total MSRP with all the options and destination charge, etc, included?

now may i ask was it 10% off MSRP or total MSRP with all the options and destination charge, etc, included?

It was 10% off Total MSRP with options, destination charge, etc. TTL not included.

I guess I got lucky with the $80 doc fee at this dealership...it wasn't anything I negotiated.

I am about to sign for a 2016.5 Grand Touring cx-5 with i sense and tech package for price (just vehicle) of $31847. Is this good? Invoice was 32840.. I'm in pa.

Think you can do way better than that. Good luck...

Really? MSRP was 34100
INVOICE was 32840
Price in white paint with AWD, active I sense, and the technology pkg with all weather mats, the bumper guard, and roof rack rails... 31847.
I know in my area kbb says average paid is around 33k.. Couldn't get them to budge anymore.. Plus looking at .9 financing... Got quoted from more than one dealer.. Another offered 31,446 but not in white paint, it was silver. Hmm..

Last edited:
Really? MSRP was 34100
INVOICE was 32840
Price in white paint with AWD, active I sense, and the technology pkg with all weather mats, the bumper guard, and roof rack rails... 31847.
I know in my area kbb says average paid is around 33k.. Couldn't get them to budge anymore.. Plus looking at .9 financing... Got quoted from more than one dealer.. Another offered 31,446 but not in white paint, it was silver. Hmm..
Think you can get it for under $31k easily. That's the most I'd pay for it anyways, and I'd still feel like I settled...

Back