Rear brakepad

:
mazda5 GT 2009
Local dealer quoted $111 for rear brake pads mazda 5 2009. What brand are these OEM pads and where can i get cheaper online? Thanks

Pretty much anywhere that sells brake pads will be cheaper than that! Hell, you could probably get EBC Greenstuff pads for that price. Is that installed, or just parts?

I promise you that is just pads. For my fronts dealer the dealer wanted, but didn't get $509. The pads alone were $99. I got my rears online for $48 I went with ceramics. Ceramics on front too

not 100% sure and I have no proof (aside from my experience and pics below that is now dead) but if you are going to the dealer for OE pads (not OE value line), you are getting Akebono ProACt (or some equvalant) that go for ~$70/pr online. Good pads.

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123834521-Who-makes-the-OE-pads!&highlight=

Maybe this is a newer development, because what came with my car was real POS FoMoCo garbage that glazed my rotors like clear coat, only not so smooth.

I went with KFE ceramics for 19.99 on eBay. No issues.
Old Navy polo, Gap polo, RL polo, Hermez polo - they all serve the same purpose :D

Just installed me a set of Hawk HPS 5.0 (revised version for less dust)! Woot woot! Cost me one hunnid and that's the cheapest I can find.

Old Navy polo, Gap polo, RL polo, Hermez polo - they all serve the same purpose :D

Just installed me a set of Hawk HPS 5.0 (revised version for less dust)! Woot woot! Cost me one hunnid and that's the cheapest I can find.

How is the initial bite and braking power? I have Napa premium on ours, and I hate them.

Initial bite is not overly aggressive and feels pretty linear throughout. I haven't driven with them long enough to give accurate feedback. It seems to withstand fade pretty well, is low dusting, and, most important of all, quite –the premium for quality ceramics. The centric semi metallic stop better but they have all the cons of _metallic… Have you tried the Napa “Ultra” Premium pads? I heard they are good.

Initial bite is not overly aggressive and feels pretty linear throughout. I haven't driven with them long enough to give accurate feedback. It seems to withstand fade pretty well, is low dusting, and, most important of all, quite –the premium for quality ceramics. The centric semi metallic stop better but they have all the cons of _metallic… Have you tried the Napa “Ultra” Premium pads? I heard they are good.

That's actually what I have, one down from the top of the line "adaptives" (they were out of those), the Ultra Premium. They are dead quiet, smooth, almost zero dust. They just don't have the initial bite or braking power I am used to. Might be a ceramic thing. I am seriously considering pulling them off.

Latest posts

Back