NEMOC Random BS Thread

First things first since it's been sitting for 2 years...

The engine sounds great, however there's a short or vac leak somewhere that causes it to cutoff sometimes under hard acceleration.
Braking is weak, might need to bleed the lines.
Radiator has a pinhole leak near the top. (He bought a new one but did not install)
Front tires are nearly bald and all have rot, so new wheels and tires will be on order.
Possible coilovers in future.
There are some rust areas under the paint and peeling that will be fixed later on.

The guy I bought it from had no idea what to do with it. Picked it up for a steal. :)

Nice, looking forward to the build thread? Next time I'm on the cape I'll text you would love to see it.

happy monday, kinda gloomy here today....went to a couple of car shows over the weekend, good fun...man, many nice cars! nice long top down drive sat. to whitinsville, ma. car is running great, i am going to drain some antifreeze and ad more distilled water, i don't need to run 50/50 during the summer and i can prob shed a bit more heat by adding some water and losing some antifreeze. probably go down to 80/20. i really don't use the ac much, but when i need it on on the highway my temps soar to 220, and all though that is "normal" i really would like the temps down around 204-207ish with the ac on. i'll see how it goes...i do have some rear control arm bushing squeaks, but with the wind noise and radio on i don't hear it, so that i'll do another day

*sigh*

my kiddo will be college age before I know it.

hopefully by then she'll have a full time driver sponsorship and she'll be racing some sort of prototype racer in France by then :p

what's shakin' with everyone today? I'm up at the foxboro office for my weekly visit.

Sean, let me know the day before you head up and we could do lunch !
So today marks 365 days until I semi retire. I'm looking to leave my current position and take a less stressful no commute job as a work from home data entry guy! We'll see how that goes! I do have a couple other options as well. So the count down begins!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sean, let me know the day before you head up and we could do lunch !
So today marks 365 days until I semi retire. I'm looking to leave my current position and take a less stressful no commute job as a work from home data entry guy! We'll see how that goes! I do have a couple other options as well. So the count down begins!!!

I'm usually up that way every Monday :)

Sounds like a steal Josh, are u planning a build thread?

Congrats Mark, only 364 more days to go.

Poison Ivy is still going strong but slowly dying down. Truck went in again to get the AC fixed, they found 2 hoses leaking and ordered replacements but they won't in this week so we went back and picked up the truck again. Oh well, by the time it's fixed it will be colder but ready for next summer.

Borrowed a fender roller and will roll the rear fenders tomorrow. Planning on raising the rear ride height a smidge to reeduce some of the rear camber. She goes in for an align this weekend. Ran the autox last saturday and love how the new tires worked. Beat a few people I normally lose to and came a lot closer to others I am usually nowhere near.

Going to remove the plastidip and vinyl on the rear roof section, also planning on plasti dipping the wheels a different colour.

The house officially went up for sale yesterday. I already have 6 showings scheduled.

Things are looking good so far.

I'm usually up that way every Monday :)
cool, i'll "ping" you some monday mron when we can hook up
Sounds like a steal Josh, are u planning a build thread?

Congrats Mark, only 364 more days to go.

Poison Ivy is still going strong but slowly dying down. Truck went in again to get the AC fixed, they found 2 hoses leaking and ordered replacements but they won't in this week so we went back and picked up the truck again. Oh well, by the time it's fixed it will be colder but ready for next summer.

Borrowed a fender roller and will roll the rear fenders tomorrow. Planning on raising the rear ride height a smidge to reeduce some of the rear camber. She goes in for an align this weekend. Ran the autox last saturday and love how the new tires worked. Beat a few people I normally lose to and came a lot closer to others I am usually nowhere near.

Going to remove the plastidip and vinyl on the rear roof section, also planning on plasti dipping the wheels a different colour.
yup, 364 and counting...turned 61 yesterday (writing that number down makes me feel so old!)

i bet i know the color...bronze!!!
The house officially went up for sale yesterday. I already have 6 showings scheduled.

awesome chris...good luck man!

so i keep going back to looking at the crystal white pearl nd, wow!

Good luck Chris, my brother just sold his place and is looking forward to the "last house" in Sept.

yup, 364 and counting...turned 61 yesterday (writing that number down makes me feel so old!)

i bet i know the color...bronze!!!

so i keep going back to looking at the crystal white pearl nd, wow!

Nope, maybe later but not right now.

Rolled the rear fenders today and raised the rear suspension a tiny bit, trying to get less camber in the align.

Hey!!!!

Yes Sean, don't blink!!!! They grow so fast, our baby is a freshman in high school this year too. WTF!

Nice Josh and congrats. I'll keep my eyes peeled for a build thread should you start one here.

Wow Chris, that is awesome news about the house. So has it sold yet, even better a bidding war? :)

The countdown begins, this will be the longest year ever Mark!

The CWP ND is def nice (local dealer has a Club on their lot) but I prefer Ceramic and Blue Reflex. At first I thought the Ceramic would be some boring shade of white but damn does it look good in pics. Hoping the dealer will get an ND or the CX-3 in stock soon so I can see it in person.

Had to go back to emerg on Saturday as the rash seemed to be spreading and I used up the ointment. Dr checks me out and says that I'm having an allergic reaction to the poison ivy. So now it's steroids for 3 days and it finally seems to be breaking. Nice side effects are insomnia, irritability, ok nothing new there, constipation, the gift that keeps on giving.

On a better note 2 more autoxes this weekend plus I've been helping my brother move into his new lakeside house.

That sucks bruce! Steroids should do the trick! Sorry about the side effects, but we're all use to your irritability issue!! [emoji38]
I'll be back up at Ayer next weekend!!

Back