Freaking Finally: 16vPete's Mazda2

While out on a shoot this evening I had to turn the tripod around and snap some shots of teeny car:

tumblr_nm41x4D8tq1r3hbt4o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nm41x4D8tq1r3hbt4o2_1280.jpg

Finally installed my DDMWorks SRI. Pretty easy install, I should've checked out the color directions online- would've cut out about 10 minutes figuring stuff out.

2z9e52q.jpg

The sound definitely ups the badassness quite a bit, and power/throttle response is noticeable.

I'm a terrible 2 owner: I haven't autocrossed yet this season!!! It could be a combination of working every other Saturday, working parttime every Sunday, and also being out of town 3 weeks of the Chicago warm season so far. At any rate, I'm really getting the itch and will hopefully get one in by the end of the month.

Funny thing happened last Friday - my intake slipped off! The car started limping and bucking and doing all kinds of scary stuff, so I had to cut it and get out and push (I love how light these things are for several reasons). This is by no means a manufacturer issue, I just didn't tighten it down enough and after lots of city, rough highway surface and lengthly highway driving it slipped off a tad. I slipped it back on and it was back to normal.

Great news, I'm doing a roadtrip at the beginning of next month! Chicago to Los Angeles and back! I'm doing it for several reasons, one of which is pretty epic and car related. Though I'm mainly driving so I can see some sites along the way, enjoy the mountain roads out there, bring my bike and enjoy those same roads from a cyclist's perspective, and do a brief trip down to San Diego via the PCH and the 5 (something I really enjoyed a few years ago that I've always wanted to do in the 2).

Recent photo:
tumblr_npnjqoiTc91r3hbt4o2_1280.jpg

My 2 never seen the track and it was my plan to race it.
Never have the time or the money for the Mazda2. On top I got me a little Honda Grom 125 to play around town, I got to mod that thing 2.
I still want a 2.0l MZR to swap into the 2, I got to make my part list 1st and see how easy the swap will be. Waiting for the car to be payed for to start ripping out the engine bay.
But I may just drive the 2 and buy a Miata ND to race it instead....
So dont feel bad, we all have our reasons why we are not racing

Envoy de mon SGH-M919V en utilisant Tapatalk

I've only been out once this year, too. Took on a second job on Sundays that eats up all my autocross time. Worse yet, I have to drive by the community college parking lot they race in on my way there most weekends.

I'll be following.

I agree about other things taking up time. I'm commuting 50min to work, and anywhere between 80-120 min home depending on traffic and I'm just pooped by the time I get home let alone a chance to relax on the weekends.

Glad I'm not alone guys!

Cam, thats a bummer that you have to drive past the community college!

Scoobs I'm really interested in the research you do with the 2 liter swap. That thing has so much aftermarket potential!

Update: I'm FINALLY autocrossing next weekend with Windy City Miata Club - great people to race with and a very laid back atmosphere.

Other update: I'm not doing the road trip anymore due to financial woes =(

Had a great time autocrossing on Saturday! I'm not sure what my placing is like, but I know I outran a few Toyobarus, MGs and Miatas =) It felt great to be out there, but man I need more spring rate and tire. I'm thinking next season I'll finally splurge and go with some quality coilovers and 200 treadwear tires.

tumblr_nuda6hsr241r3hbt4o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nuda6hsr241r3hbt4o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nuda6hsr241r3hbt4o3_1280.jpg

tumblr_nuda6hsr241r3hbt4o4_1280.jpg

tumblr_nuda6hsr241r3hbt4o5_1280.jpg

tumblr_nuda6hsr241r3hbt4o6_1280.jpg

Angry triangle goodness!

tumblr_nuda6hsr241r3hbt4o7_1280.jpg

tumblr_nuda6hsr241r3hbt4o8_1280.jpg

To anyone who's a photo nerd, I also captured a lot of the event on some tungsten slide film - I'm really interested to see how it's going to turn out.

Back