Mazda 6 Brake upgrade

has anyone got mazdaspeed 6 rear brakes on their pro5/msp/mp3???

would like some more stopping power to go with my RX7 FD3S fronts, for when I eventually Turbo with some fairly decent HP figures and hit the track

has anyone got mazdaspeed 6 rear brakes on their pro5/msp/mp3???

Brainmp5t has speed6 brakes all around but he has a 300 + hp car so I'd see why he would need it. He's running a hydraulic brake line so idn how you would run them with a regular cable ( unless u plan to upgrade to a hydraulic
Line).

It's not worth the effort to try to retro for them in of u ask me. I heard it's more difficult than the regular 6 brakes. If you really want to do it I'd say message Brianmp5t on torontoprotegeclub.com he's banned from maz247 so that's where u can get ahold of him if u want

Brainmp5t has speed6 brakes all around but he has a 300 + hp car so I'd see why he would need it. He's running a hydraulic brake line so idn how you would run them with a regular cable ( unless u plan to upgrade to a hydraulic
Line).

It's not worth the effort to try to retro for them in of u ask me. I heard it's more difficult than the regular 6 brakes. If you really want to do it I'd say message Brianmp5t on torontoprotegeclub.com he's banned from maz247 so that's where u can get ahold of him if u want

As long as the brackets for the MS6 rear's fit I should have no problem, might have to make custom ones
like I have for my RX7 FD3S Front Brakes

Last time I checked Brian had Ksport 14 inch 8 pots on front and 13 inch on rears (unsure or calipers on rear)

As for the cable I would get custom ones (longer) made been done down here in Aus with regular Mazda 6 rear brake upgrade, I know a guy :)

What would be the best year Mazda6 calipers and rotors to put on the P5? and will my stock ebrake work with the M6 calipers?

For the Mazda 6 front upgrade, Do you know if the brackets are required? and same for the rear 626 upgrade?

front caliper brackets & rear 626 brackets.
you can use your stock rear calipers. but they need a little trim work to clearance the pads. (you might be able to use the matching rear 626 calipers idk) didn't have them to test out when i did the swap
best luck!

Yup, Need the brackets. And like circuit said, typically they included them. But make sure they say that when ordering. I got mine off RockAuto.com, and they say in the listing if there included or not.

I ended up ordering the calipers from ebay and the brake parts off rock auto. 01 rear 626 and 07 front mazda6

Circuit... Looks sweet. Did you paint those rotors and calipers with a heat paint?

Last edited:
Chris, you're in Los Angeles? I live in Hollywood. If so we should meet at the Bob's Big Boy in Toluca lake on a Friday and talk shop.

BBK P5 update: Pics of Mazda 6 Caliper/Rotor

UPDATE

The question came up why don't the calipers cover the entire rotor? Seemed odd to me too.

I have taken some photos from a Mazda 6 but I don't know the year.

As you can see, the Caliper covers the rotor. Does anyone know what year Mazda 6 this is? ____________

For the Rear 2001 626, do we order the V4 or V6 engine config caliper/Brackets? ________________

Once I get all the parts I will post a MOD link for everyone link Circuit did with pics.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0287.JPG
    IMG_0287.JPG
    113.9 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_0289.JPG
    IMG_0289.JPG
    226.8 KB · Views: 223
  • IMG_0290.JPG
    IMG_0290.JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 236
Last edited:
UPDATE
Does anyone know what year Mazda 6 this is? ____________

For the Rear 2001 626, do we order the V4 or V6 engine config caliper/Brackets? ________________

Pictured is a 03-05 base model. Which would be the smallest of all Mazda6 brakes.

For the rear of the 626's, it would be the V6. As all the 4 cyl 626's had rear drum. ;)

Back