p0660 code

kms1990

:
2011 mazda 3 hatchback GT
i have a p0660 code, i had a weird drop in idle after starting my car. so when i got home i hooked up the scan tool to see if i had any pending codes and saw a p0660 code. i have been searching and have found it is VICS solenoid and where it is located. i need to know the part number i need to order as i keep searching for ones and they look similar but i am not sure if they are what i need is the part number:FS05-18-741 correct? if so where can i find one? i see a dorman solenoid part number 911-707 that looks the exact same, will it work?(cannot see into plug end of it to verify plug fit)

Last edited:
I used the dorman solenoid. Same part number. The solenoids used on this car are universal so there are no specific ones for the vics/vcts etc.... The doraman solenoid cleared up my p0660. Hope this helps!

yes it does just wanted to verify it would plug in as it looked like the correct configuration. just could not get a picture of the pins inside the plug to verify. i noticed the vics/vtcs egr and some other solenoids are the exact same ones so that at least makes the part easier to find.

the vics solenoid is the white plug one on the right (if looking from hood) on the intake manifold right? the vtcs is the green?

Back