AliBabah's Mazda 2 from Germany | Berlin

AliBabah

:
Mazda 2
Hi Community,
My name is Ali i live in Germany to be exactly in the capital Berlin. I only got basic english skills from school so dont expect my english to be at its best (ughdance).
You dont find many Mazda 2 enthusiasts in german communitys (for some reason mostly old people drive the 2 over here) so i googled a bit and came across this board, and wow this must be THE Mazda Page out there in the www.
I got so much inspired by you guys all the cars here look so damn clean so i hope mine can keep up with yours (thumb)

Havent done too much to my car so far and dont really plan on since it is my daily driver and i want to keep it "low budget" as possible.

I'll just start with some kind of photo story:

So this is how the car looked when i bought it (picture is from the internet insertion), it was all stock. Its build 2008 has all the features this little car can get and the 1.5 Engine with 103hp.
Payed 6800€ for it, with 30.000km on the clock. A fair price i think.

Car is high as ****, looks like a cross version didnt really like the look of it at that point.

First thing that had to change was the wimpy muffler, so i bought a used one on Ebay from Napexx for 30€. Sound is okay, not to loud im fine with it.
Grinded and painted it black since it was rusty as hell.

Its pretty hard to get good rims that fit a japanese car over here in germany if you dont want so spend too much money, lucky me a friend of mine crashed his VW Golf MK3 and almost gave me a set of OZ F1 Racing for free.
Specs: 7,5 x 16 with 205/45 tires. I really like them stock mazda 16" rims but they are on every mazda 2 you see here.

Since i dont really liked the matt black i sprayed them glossy with can in my dads garage. Looks good to me but the coating layer is very thin.

Up next i bought me some purple lug nuts, 40mm H&R Springs and 5mm Spacers for the front and 15mm for the rear.

So with all these simple mods so far my car looks like this:

Crappy phone pic, as you can see i did some little things like dippin the emblems black, got yellow fog lights, stubby antenna.

Better Pictures

Well thats it so far my next mods will be slow but steady i will definitely get some stuff from corksport like the torsion bar, short shifter and the shift knob since all you guys call them the "biggest bang for the buck" (yes)
Oh and an OEM roof spoiler, i already got one home which is waiting to get painted.

Greetings from Germany

Ali

Last edited:
Hello & welcome to the group AliBabah.....

Very nice looking M2 you got there now, sweet rims and looking the part now she's sat down on those H&R's.....

What colour you going on the spoiler ?

Shaun....

I love-love-love my little Mazda2, but Oh Myyyy, a 3-door, the pre-smile front bumper .... I'm a little jealous. Spacers are perfect. Good job, sir!

I agree - I hate the smiley face of mine. But I need the extra two doors - I now have a grandson.

Hey Guys,

Thanks for alle the positive Feedback (hi)

I preferred the 3 door version because of the huge doors and side windows which are pretty long.
Since im 6.2 tall i always looked direktly into the b-pillar when sitting in the 5 door mazda 2 and wanted to look to my left side.

Yeah i noticed that almost all of the Mazda 2s in the states have the smiley bumper. Is it because of the Facelift or wasn't it available at all?
As far as I know the european and us version only differ from each other in the taillights and the 3/5 Door availability....

I will definitely go for glossy black, Shaun.
I think with the black rims, blacked emblems, and maybe later some tinted windows it will look great :)

As you can see it has a little scratch, nothing too bad. For 80€ from ebay i cant complain. But i will not paint it myself since i dont want to unmount the whole thing again when the paint starts to peel of or get flaws. The summers here are very hot and the winters very cold i need it to be weather-resistant.

Ali

Every 2 ever sold in the States has the smiley front. We never got the pre-facelift or lower model bumpers. I personally prefer the happy face, as opposed to the others.

Last edited:
The car looks great Ali! You're making me want to switch to H&R springs!

I got my OEM spoiler painted black a few days ago by a friends dad in his garage. I like the result, looks good togehter with the black rims.
Today we mounted it on the car but only with carbody glue (? i dont know the english term) no screws were needed.

Unfortunately here in Germany winter begins and i have to switch to my 14" steelies (notcool)
I just couldnt wait to mount the spoiler this little thing makes a huge difference when looking at the car from the side now.

Also ich just ordered myself a corksport torsion bar but man the shipping costs suck bigtime i pay 100$ for the bar itself and another 50$ for the shipment.

Greetings
Ali

ein schoner auto! sehr gut. Ich komme aus Indonesia und Ich fahre Mazda2... meine Mazda2 ist blau auch. lol

sorrry for my basic german, welcome to the community!

haha nice =)
Funny you guys over there in Indonesia get german lessons in school?
Thank you very much i really like the color cant wait till summer when it can shine bright again.

Ali

op a lot of elderly people drive the mazda demio here too but it is badged the mazda 2 in new zealand like yours. you paid around 6500 euro? dude you should have imported from japan you would have paid half that amount.

i am really feeling that blue and black but if i was you i would take what ever you have on the chrome badges off (i think it must be matte black plastidip).

i have a 1996 lantis. the lantis is considered a four door coupe by mazda it is not the facelift. i would really love to get a decent paintjob on that but money is in fact a bit tight to paint both of my cars (i also own a 1998 renault megane rxe). my parents will pay for one, that's no biggie, but if two probably not.

Back