Dome light dimmer

LLukaLux

:
Mazda 323 DiTD
Hi,
I own Mazda 323/Protege5/... DiTD and I don't have this dimmer thing (when you unlock the car it light up on 50% and after you open door there is 100% light and so on) so I want to install it and I think it's not that hard, BUT... I cannot find anything about this and friends from Croatia can't help me :(
So, do you have any ideas or something? Do I need to get this part?

P.S. I want to have everything like it's originally installed.

EDIT: Or maybe this one?

Last edited:
Since both are for 12 volt lighting systems, either one should work. Do you have a service manual? They typically have wiring diagrams in them. If not, sometimes a dealership parts department will print you out a drawing or schematic.

Excellent! Yes, look on page 30 for the diagram at the top-center of the page.

Well, I bought this item and installed it but the dome light is the same as before.
I am wondering if I am looking at wrong unit/part of the car.
I have no idea what else or where else it (that light dimmer) can be.

My 89 MX6 GT's light would come on at full brightness when I opened the door and then slowly dim out AFTER I opened and closed the door. You might want to get a 12V bulb, some wiring and a 12V power source to experiment with the timer. In other words, simulate the environment of your car's interior, but with all new components. If the time still doesn't work, it could be something else in your car that is not working properly.

Today I was playing with it for a while and can't figure it out.
My grandpa has a 99' 626 and he has that dimmer and I was messing with his car too, but can't find where is that little microcomputer or something.
@concept yes, I want excactly that kind of dimmer and bunch of my friends have that in their 323's but no one know where it is located.

I was searching this forum for a while and I can say that I think :) that this dimmer is connected to a dashboard and the dashboard is the one who controlls it.

Back