need to find parts for 2003.5 mazdaspeed protege

lane123

:
2003 mazdaspeed protege
Hi everyone my name is kody. I am planning to buy a 2003.5 mazdaspeed protege. I have been looking to see what all upgrades can be done to this car. I am having a hard time finding performance parts like camshaft, rocker arms, forged internals, etc. I can't find an internet site that has anything besides cold air intakes. If you could possibly help me out with a site or keywords to search that would be awesome. Also, what other cars are compatible with the 2.0l turbocharged engine? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Is their specific places I can find the parts? I search for parts under 2003 mazdaspeed protege and I get nothing. I cannot find parts for the car online. I don't know if I'm searching the wrong places but Google and ask won't even give me a place to purchase from. Is there any import stores that carry parts for this car?

Hi everyone my name is kody. I am planning to buy a 2003.5 mazdaspeed protege. I have been looking to see what all upgrades can be done to this car. I am having a hard time finding performance parts like camshaft, rocker arms, forged internals, etc. I can't find an internet site that has anything besides cold air intakes. If you could possibly help me out with a site or keywords to search that would be awesome. Also, what other cars are compatible with the 2.0l turbocharged engine? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

There is very little aftermarket support for these cars due to the low production numbers. And it was that way 10 years ago when the cars were new. You will be able to find very few of the parts new these days besides things like a cold air intake and catback exhausts.

The camshafts- HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Used sets go for $300-500 used
Rocker arms- It's a hydraulic 'bucket' lifter.
Forged internals- Any FS-DE 93+

And, as JBrewer listed, those are the few that still remain that cater to us MSP owners.

Your best bet is to keep an eye out on the FS section and the MSP FB pages.

I just have to keep posting this to every new MSP owners FB or M247 posts...

This isn't a Honda Civic, parts aren't easy to come by and they are 'expensive'...

If you want over 250hp, here's a good list

-Forged rods/piston combo, $1100
-ARP studs, $250
-Manifold and downpipe combo, $1100
-Gasket set, $110
-Bearings, $150
-Deep sump oil pan, $400
-Doc B setup, $??? (The one mod I need to add that I skipped on)
-Engine management, $200 (used AFC)- $2000 standalone
-Fuel Injectors, $100 (used 440's)
-FMIC, $250 (eBay)- $Good.luck
-Upgraded diff, $700
-Polyurethane engine mounts, $300
-300hp or more? Upgraded transmission internals, MFactory 3/4/5 $750ea.
-Exhaust, $250 ("custom" made by an exhaust shop-$400+ for a used, large diameter bolt-on

And that's assuming you have the knowledge to do all of this yourself and if not, consider labor cost for things you can't do. And these are simply "power" mods that realistically won't get you more than 300whp with the OE GT25. Want to upgrade to a Garrett ball bearing GT28? That's another $1,200. And I consider a larger turbo a "big boy/big power" upgrade. So far you're at $3000-$4000 without it... For a car that I can find here and there with some of these mods already done to them with a blown FSDE for $2000 or less... Then even after spending that much money, you haven't touched anything else on the car- suspension, brakes, chassis...

There are too many people buying these cars, thinking it's a WRX or Evo, throwing 15psi at stock internals and upgraded SMIC pipes then selling the ******' thing for nothing or parting them out when you've got half your engine lying on the side of the road.

I've had the car for almost 5 years now. I knew what I was getting myself into when I got into the "MSP game" having come from a P5 and being a Mazda 'enthusiast' and I still have the car and hate it every ******* day. But I love it. If I didn't know what I know and didn't do what I do, there is no way I'd own one that's heavily modified. Every single time I make one thing "bulletproof" the next weakest component keeps breaking. I'm on my fifth engine, fourth transmission, countless rod bearings in the earlier engines, third GT25 and a **** ton of other, smaller items. If you want to mod this car, do so the RIGHT way. And unfortunately, the right way is the expensive way, there is no other choice.

A few bolt on's on the FS and you will make as much power as a KL or more for FAR less work and money. But it's a huge cool factor to have a V6 swapped Protege

Kl is in my opinion the perfect setup. Still think u have to figure how to swap an lsd but the videos i seen they virtually eliminated wheel hop on the bj chassis. Just more wieght i think would make it better.

I've ran a V6 P5, and now have a SC V6 MSP in the process of being built. If you know your way around a shop the KL swap is not all that difficult, Im sure I will have a small group buy on a KL BJ swap "kit" in the near future.

Physically the swap is very simple. It's basically a direct bolt-in. Now, engine management is the harder part. My friends KL-ZE swapped P5 took a weekend to do the engine management/harness. I believe everything functions except AC now. Even cruise if I'm not mistaken.

preferio, all those engines, where stock or have u forged its? im about to forge my engine but if im going to have to keep rebuilding it i dont think i will,

preferio, all those engines, where stock or have u forged its? im about to forge my engine but if im going to have to keep rebuilding it i dont think i will,
If you build it right, break it in properly and tune it properly it will hold up fine.
Kl is in my opinion the perfect setup. Still think u have to figure how to swap an lsd but the videos i seen they virtually eliminated wheel hop on the bj chassis. Just more wieght i think would make it better.
All you need is solid motor mounts to eliminate wheel hop.

Back