Post your recent pictures!

Working on my exhaust setup for my FS-DE engine.

IMG_20141222_214035_zps09f3bfd5.jpg

IMG_20141222_213955_zps721f3286.jpg

No the wastegate is not water-cooled. It's just a Turbosmart 38mm EWG. The two nipples are for boost/vacuum.

Downpipe is 2" stainless mandrel bend but the closest part of the turbo outlet is progressively going from 1" (wich is turbo exducer diameter) to 2".

EWG dump pipe is 1" stainless mandrel bend and dumps right where you see it stops. There are stainless brackets between downpipe and dump pipe so they will be more solid and less affected by engine vibrations. Also added a little stainless bracket on the downpipe to bolt it under the bell housing where the OEM exhaust holds.

Just waiting for my 2"-3" stainless cone adapter, 3" stainless flex pipe with inner interlock and 3" stainless V-band flanges to finish the downpipe.

Only after finishing it I'll be able to wrap all this with DEI titanium wrap.

No the wastegate is not water-cooled. It's just a Turbosmart 38mm EWG. The two nipples are for boost/vacuum.

Downpipe is 2" stainless mandrel bend but the closest part of the turbo outlet is progressively going from 1" (wich is turbo exducer diameter) to 2".

EWG dump pipe is 1" stainless mandrel bend and dumps right where you see it stops. There are stainless brackets between downpipe and dump pipe so they will be more solid and less affected by engine vibrations. Also added a little stainless bracket on the downpipe to bolt it under the bell housing where the OEM exhaust holds.

Just waiting for my 2"-3" stainless cone adapter, 3" stainless flex pipe with inner interlock and 3" stainless V-band flanges to finish the downpipe.

Only after finishing it I'll be able to wrap all this with DEI titanium wrap.

Why not just get it all ceramic coated instead of hiding it in wrap?

Why not just get it all ceramic coated instead of hiding it in wrap?

Hide? Lol, personnally I find that a nice well done wrap stays cleaner longer than any paint, coat or chrome. And the primary idea of wraping it is to lower the under-hood-temperature. Also, ceramic coatings will never protect other engine components like wrapping does. I also even got a DEI titanium turbo blanket.

Hide? Lol, personnally I find that a nice well done wrap stays cleaner longer than any paint, coat or chrome. And the primary idea of wraping it is to lower the under-hood-temperature. Also, ceramic coatings will never protect other engine components like wrapping does. I also even got a DEI titanium turbo blanket.

Personally i think its more about showcasing your welding work by not wrapping it. Wrapping nearly always means that you are trying to conceal some nasty welds.

Personally i think its more about showcasing your welding work by not wrapping it. Wrapping nearly always means that you are trying to conceal some nasty welds.

Got the engine put back together in the race car:
20141225_113300.jpg

And got HANS Post Anchors for chrimmus.
20141225_135930.jpg

Back