Knock Wood !

ductman

:
Mazda CX 5 2016
I have had my 2016 CX5 GT FWD for over a year , I drive a lot for my business and have racked up 41000 miles so far , I know there has been some bashing and posting over issues , but I just have to say so far I have had zero issues, no rattles , only back to the dealer for the fuel neck recall , still have the original brake pads and have only replaced the tires, everything still feels as tight as day one, my only complaint is that my gas mileage has never gotten close to the EPA estimates, best that I can get if cruising at 70 is about 26 , if cruising at 80 , it drops to around 24 , but I would take that issue any day over reliability issues , so far , so good !

If his clients are in Florida, I'm sure it just blends in with the local orange smells! (drinks)
Florida... Being there several times and we still miss the "true" Florida orange selling by the road side! We finished a whole 25-pound bag half way driving back to Texas! They're so sweet and juicy and were totally different from Florida oranges in our local grocery stores!

I have a long commute, and rolled 35,000 in the 13 months since buying my 2016.

My drive is almost exactly 90 miles a day, and I usually do 4 round trips on a tank which is about 360 miles. When I fill up the range computer says about 400 miles to empty.
The computer usually reads about 29-34 mpg while driving with cruise on at 60 mph.

ductman, how did you like the stock tires on CX-5. I think they are decent with compared to what CRV and Rav4 or similar cars have.
Something is very fishy on your mpg though - its 80% of the EPA ratings that does sound like you may have an underlying problem. If it was 95% i would not worry but in some cases on highway if you get 26 for a FWD that is fishy.

I have 600 miles of city driving with very little highway - 24.8 is my avg. so far. I will start really evaluating at 2k or later and hope to hit 30ish atleast in mixed driving with a FWD.

ductman, how did you like the stock tires on CX-5. I think they are decent with compared to what CRV and Rav4 or similar cars have.
Something is very fishy on your mpg though - its 80% of the EPA ratings that does sound like you may have an underlying problem. If it was 95% i would not worry but in some cases on highway if you get 26 for a FWD that is fishy.

I have 600 miles of city driving with very little highway - 24.8 is my avg. so far. I will start really evaluating at 2k or later and hope to hit 30ish atleast in mixed driving with a FWD.

Stock tires were fine , they needed to be replaced around 35k, that is with rotating every 7500, no wear issues at all , regarding the mileage , the best I have ever seen was 28 or so , that was when I was rolling at 65 or so due to traffic , mileage has been like that since day one , in fact my wife liked mine so much she just got a 2016.5 FWD GT , she has about 2k , average mpg in stop and go has only been about 21-22 , the CX5 seems very sensitive to speed in regards to gas mileage , more than any other vehicle I have had .

... I have 600 miles of city driving with very little highway - 24.8 is my avg. so far. I will start really evaluating at 2k or later and hope to hit 30ish atleast in mixed driving with a FWD.
You're hoping your gas mileage would increase from 24.8 to 30ish mpg after a couple of thousand miles? I think your expection is too high. The gas mileage of our CX-5 AWD was 26.2 when new in mostly city driving, but now it downs to 25.1 at 12,900 miles.

Back