Want More Horse And Torque On My Daily Driver

808Mazballz

:
Mazda Protege DX
So I Have Healthy 2002 Protege 5spd basically just have cold air intake and
Flow master exhaust n stock headers. This is how I recently bought the car. It's pretty quick
But I want more action at the response of my foot I am new to Mazdas and I'm interested in some tips and knowledge of parts. My goal is to be able to spin my tires in 2nd gear. Thanks for you time anything response is appreciated

VTCS delete, CAMs, MP3 ECU, And Aftermarket headers which remove 1st CAT will provide some pretty decent gains if you want to remain N/A. Talked to a guy at the track that was making about 160whp on a N/A P5 with just those mods and a slight bit more. But no dyno proof so who knows.

Yeah stick a spare on the front, with that open diff you will be one-wheel peeling for days. Realistically that is not possible without going turbo, my MSP makes about 200whp/wtq and it is difficult to spin the tires in 2nd. Proteges were not built for power or straight line speed, they handle well and that's what you should focus on.

From experience spinning through second gear isn't as fun as it sounds. Spinning=slow. Light car=fast, why not consider stripping the interior and getting rid of any crap that might be in the back.

Back