what are ways to make CX-5 ride softer?

A long time ago, I installed these on a nice car. Owner wanted a comfortable but sporty ride and he seemed to like it. It has adjustable dampening so it may help in your situation. Lot of adjustments. It's an option if you want to go aftermarket.

http://www.tein.com/products/flex_a.html

Here is this one guy's opinion with them on a FRS:

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81829

Nevermind, tein doesnt make one for the CX-5 yet according to their website. Bummer.

This is interesting product, hopefully they make one for the CX-5.
Thanks for the links.

As for OP, sell the CX-5 is the only way IMHO :)

Sorry I didn't read all the replies. I don't think "softer" ride is what you want, you probably want a more comfortable ride. In that case, try replacing your OEM shocks/struts with Koni FSDs. This is what I'm going to do when my CX-5 hits 60k miles or if my shocks needs to be replaced early.

Also try getting softer tires. Go to Tirerack and look at their tire charts. Find one that is ranked highly in ride comfort/quality.

If after those changes you still need it to be "softer", downsize your wheels to 17 inch wheels and get soft 17 inch tires.

Sorry I didn't read all the replies. I don't think "softer" ride is what you want, you probably want a more comfortable ride. In that case, try replacing your OEM shocks/struts with Koni FSDs. This is what I'm going to do when my CX-5 hits 60k miles or if my shocks needs to be replaced early.

Also try getting softer tires. Go to Tirerack and look at their tire charts. Find one that is ranked highly in ride comfort/quality.

If after those changes you still need it to be "softer", downsize your wheels to 17 inch wheels and get soft 17 inch tires.

You right, I did not mean soft ride at all. I just want to have better comfort and less bumpy. Thank you I put that shock to my note, but I am also thinking about getting a cx-9. However, it is first gen of new cx-9, I kind feel it is better to wait for 2nd gen cx-9.

You right, I did not mean soft ride at all. I just want to have better comfort and less bumpy. Thank you I put that shock to my note, but I am also thinking about getting a cx-9. However, it is first gen of new cx-9, I kind feel it is better to wait for 2nd gen cx-9.

I've seen the 2nd gen CX-9 in Signature trim last week. It is a beautiful vehicle inside and out. Did not test drive it, but there is a thread in the CX-9 section where new owners of the 2nd gen CX-9 give their impressions of it. I think the 2nd gen CX-9 would be a worthy upgrade over a CX-5. They also made it more luxurious, so I'm guessing the ride quality is also much more comfy than the sporty CX-5.

He has a Touring, so he already has 17" wheels/tires.

Just noticed that. Looks like his only choice is to go for softer 17 inch tires.

I've seen the 2nd gen CX-9 in Signature trim last week. It is a beautiful vehicle inside and out. Did not test drive it, but there is a thread in the CX-9 section where new owners of the 2nd gen CX-9 give their impressions of it. I think the 2nd gen CX-9 would be a worthy upgrade over a CX-5. They also made it more luxurious, so I'm guessing the ride quality is also much more comfy than the sporty CX-5.

Just noticed that. Looks like his only choice is to go for softer 17 inch tires.

Seriously,this is what Mazda brand is all about,sporty and fun excellent handling ....I love the ride.. too firm for you? You're driving the wrong car,get a Toyota or a honda .

this makes no sense to me. The CX9 is no more an upgrade to the CX5 than the F350 is an upgrade to the Ford Ranger. They are totally different products for different purposes.

this makes no sense to me. The CX9 is no more an upgrade to the CX5 than the F350 is an upgrade to the Ford Ranger. They are totally different products for different purposes.

Sounds like you have a different definition for "upgrade". I understand that they are not in the same category, but they are still both utility vehicles. One is just bigger than the other, marketed for people who need more space. The CX-9 has a turbocharged engine with over 300 lb-ft of torque. Has a signature trim with napa leather and beautifully designed interior. Has true HUD. Has power memory front and passenger seats with the ability to save settings based on the key. Has 3rd row seats for those that need it. Has integrated side window shades. Compared to a 2015 CX-5 Touring, you don't think it's an upgrade?

Back