949 Racing 15 x 7" wheels + RE-11's installed.

elfhearse

:
11 MX5 SE Dolphin Grey
Quick shots of the Auto-X setup I ordered recently from Good-win Racing
949 Racing 6UL 15 x 7" nickel wheels with Bridgestone 205/50-15 tires.

They're technically for the Miata but fit (fortunately) on the Mazda2. The offset is +36mm and front wheels do sit closer to the brake caliper, but clear by approx. 1/4"
Don't waste your money on the hubcentric spacers (like I did)
I do need to order some deeper lug nuts as the thinner center wheel allows more stud to protrude through the wheel and I think I'm close to bottoming out the stock wheel nuts. EDIT: Ordered the 949 lug nuts, stock nuts are not the 60 degree conical and will chew up the wheel.
(I also was strongly considering the matte black 6UL's, 5zigen and the Chaparral panasport look=alikes, but kept coming back to these)
EDIT: 8" would have looked better with a wider lip but I was staying conservative with the fit and to keep within the SCCA rules for stock & Street touring.

232323232%7Ffp733%3C4%3Enu%3D4789%3E872%3E253%3EWSNRCG%3D3374%3A4867%3A344nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp733%3A8%3Enu%3D4789%3E872%3E253%3EWSNRCG%3D3374%3A5%3C778344nu0mrj

Last edited:
HA! it's already dropped...the standard US springs are set-up like a 4 wheel drive truck. I have Eibach PRO-Kit springs installed already, sad but true. No rear rubbing issues, still plenty of clearance.

Cute car. Looks good, but still cute.
Shoulda gone 15x8's.
I did 15x9 6UL's, coilovers, and a whole slew of engine work on a friends MSM before he sold it.

4376816787_1edc8eae65_o.jpg

true...I bought it for my commuter pod (38mpg REGULAR) and liked the ride/handling so much I decided to make my summer Auto-X car instead of my old Z3 M Coupe.

Great wheels. But its not low enough. ^^ If you drop down the car by coilovers it would look perfekt.

HA! it's already dropped...the standard US springs are set-up like a 4 wheel drive truck. I have Eibach PRO-Kit springs installed already, sad but true. No rear rubbing issues, still plenty of clearance.

really? was thinking of getting eibach. im currently on maxspeed springs. they drop low but rides like crap. roads here in the philippines suck! saw a pic in a thailand mazda2 club of HNR springs. they drop nice :)

RE: Eibach springs
I noticed the ride can get choppy on these springs on less than perfect roads. There's another thread discussing the linear Eibach vs. progressive H&R spring qualities.
Drop was about 1"+ and ride is fine on smooth roads but you do get the bouncing choppy ride on crappy road. I was on a section of Interstate and the car was picking up a slight chop at every concrete slab section and at 75mph I was wondering if I was going to get "sea-sick"

Last edited:
I hear ya on the sea-sick motion. I feel that with the H&R's going over grooves in the road or railroad tracks. How do you like the RE-11's?

How do you like the RE-11's?
I let you know in a few weeks, weather here is still well below 40F and I have aluminum lug nuts on order from 949 as the factory lug nuts don't fit into the 60 conical wheel nut area and tend chew up the lug openings slightly.

Grrr, you got the EXACT wheels I'm planning on getting for my 2. I have to ask, what size tires did you go with or are they stock size? You're also using the same springs I was planning on buying but I keep second guessing myself because of the negative comments folks have after lowering their MZ2's. I see you have the rear splash guards too, nicely done. Any who, your 2 looks awesome, especially the wheels (very jealous).

RE: Eibach springs
I noticed the ride can get choppy on these springs on less than perfect roads. There's another thread discussing the linear Eibach vs. progressive H&R spring qualities.
Drop was about 1"+ and ride is fine on smooth roads but you do get the bouncing choppy ride on crappy road. I was on a section of Interstate and the car was picking up a slight chop at every concrete slab section and at 75mph I was wondering if I was going to get "sea-sick"

That is because you do not have dampers that are tuned to those spring rates.
Post the stock spring rates and the Eibach rates. I left a message with Eibach for specs on their 5555.140 kit.

Last edited:
Back