What have you done to your MSP today?

heh. i dont even know if i ive EVER driving mine without a leak. im pretty sure it came with a cracked mani and i dunno if the two missing bolts were part of that as well lol. the pope stuff im putting on and the corksport exhaust should really transform the car, even at stock boost levels.
too bad the rest of it is a creeky bad mess.
gonna be doing the transmission bearings, prob synchros, replace the reverse gear idler and maybe second gear as i seem to bounce off it if i so much as look at the shifter.. then the new dif... ill need new brakes again, 2011.. ill change the lca's all wheel bearings.. new struts or coilovers, new swaybar bushings all around, new side motor mounts to get rid of the inserts ive had for 4 years. new hoses and seals wherever. new wheels and tires cause that fker stole them... and if i get all that and still like the car enough to wanna KEEP spending money on it, maybe ill drop some k1 rods ect in.
right now it kind of sounds and drives like a POS. but at least it still looks good =)

Anyone happen to know what size radiator hose/temperature sensor adapter I need? 28, 30, 32mm?

Well new car fell through, could not reach a good price. Looks like I am hanging onto the MSP for awhile.

Got the new tires mounted, balanced and an alignment.

Question, what brand part besides OEM have you guys used when replacing the t-belt, tensioner and water pump. I'm not really looking to go dealer parts except for the water pump considering how mine is still hanging in there since the 9/2 production date.

Online Mazda parts are about $350 for all parts and gaskets.

make sure you're able to contact onlinemazdaparts before placing your order. i ordered something on the 13th. never got tracking. called them numerous times. sent a couple emails through their contact form. i still haven't heard back from them lol

I had a busy MSP weekend. I replaced the headlights and installed LED headlight bulbs. I LOVE THEM!!! I don't have night pics yet, but I have pics of everything else. I also pulled off the SSAFC and installed a Unichip. So far, I'm not happy with the Unichip. It starts and runs fine, but it keeps dying randomly after throttle lift. It didn't do this with the SSAFC. I'm going to pull the Unichip back off and see if it does this in completely stock form. I've let it run for quite a while and driven it around a bit and it's not much better than it was when I first installed it. It must be doing something though because it's definitely not as rich under WOT as the stock tune.

I had a busy MSP weekend. I replaced the headlights and installed LED headlight bulbs. I LOVE THEM!!! I don't have night pics yet, but I have pics of everything else. I also pulled off the SSAFC and installed a Unichip. So far, I'm not happy with the Unichip. It starts and runs fine, but it keeps dying randomly after throttle lift. It didn't do this with the SSAFC. I'm going to pull the Unichip back off and see if it does this in completely stock form. I've let it run for quite a while and driven it around a bit and it's not much better than it was when I first installed it. It must be doing something though because it's definitely not as rich under WOT as the stock tune.

Who is the user on here that got a Unichip license so he could tune his?

My charge pipe keeps blowing off even with a new t-bolt clamp

bead roll the end? Hairspray?

MSP is still sitting waiting for the head to be done and waiting for parts. I did install a catless DP on a 2015 WRX STi yesterday and it went pretty smooth

bead roll the end? Hairspray?

MSP is still sitting waiting for the head to be done and waiting for parts. I did install a catless DP on a 2015 WRX STi yesterday and it went pretty smooth
I think it's due to oil in my charge piping from when my last turbo went back a few hundre miles ago. I'm going to clean it all up, flare the end and use hairspray. BUT it's getting parked for a few weeks. Had to sell my AFC in order to pay bills. Hopefully go back with at least an FTC if nothing else.

Thoughts on an AEM F/IC?

just been reading a guide for how to install the haltech sprint 500.. looks pretty straight forward and thats the route ill be going with my custom turbo setup. maybe your build has enough to it to consider a stand alone?

Ok thanks for the feedback. Found everything I need from amazon.com for $182 shipped. Gates timing kit, Gates water pump and Fel Pro gasket.

I think it's due to oil in my charge piping from when my last turbo went back a few hundre miles ago. I'm going to clean it all up, flare the end and use hairspray. BUT it's getting parked for a few weeks. Had to sell my AFC in order to pay bills. Hopefully go back with at least an FTC if nothing else.

Thoughts on an AEM F/IC?
Why not try a megasquirt?

Realistically it's a better option than the AEM FIC, but I really don't want to have to build it. That's the only reason. In reality, I'll probably just go with the FTC. I don't know if I'll actually upgrade to a GT28. If I was dead set on doing so, I'd definitely go standalone. And I understand that MS is the way to go, especially if you're not looking to spend a ton. I guess it's completely up in the air right now. Backing out of the driveway this morning seeing the MSP sitting there, I already regretted selling the AFC because I won't be driving it until mid-September.

Realistically it's a better option than the AEM FIC, but I really don't want to have to build it. That's the only reason. In reality, I'll probably just go with the FTC. I don't know if I'll actually upgrade to a GT28. If I was dead set on doing so, I'd definitely go standalone. And I understand that MS is the way to go, especially if you're not looking to spend a ton. I guess it's completely up in the air right now. Backing out of the driveway this morning seeing the MSP sitting there, I already regretted selling the AFC because I won't be driving it until mid-September.
I 100% understand. I got lucky and bought mine fully assembled and with a plug and play harness so no cutting or splicing. Otherwise I would still be putting one together. By the way I'll be going GT28R soon. Have everything already just have to make a hole on my schedule to install everything.

I 100% understand. I got lucky and bought mine fully assembled and with a plug and play harness so no cutting or splicing. Otherwise I would still be putting one together. By the way I'll be going GT28R soon. Have everything already just have to make a hole on my schedule to install everything.

I actually think it may be a good time to replace the car with a new toy. Who knows...

I actually think it may be a good time to replace the car with a new toy. Who knows...

The MSP is my new toy lol. I can't bring myself to get into a newer car with a $300 + car payment. On that note.... my next project car will be an Evo 9 or Mugen Si.

just been reading a guide for how to install the haltech sprint 500.. looks pretty straight forward and thats the route ill be going with my custom turbo setup. maybe your build has enough to it to consider a stand alone?

You won't regret going with the Haltech and going the Standalone route. Far superior to piggyback options out there! The best investment I have made to date and the has never been better!

I'm a big fan of doing things only once heh. The msp has been a bit of a plaything for a while. Niw its time to spend some proper money on it and keep it around for a while. Newer cars just feel too much like an appliance.

The MSP is my new toy lol. I can't bring myself to get into a newer car with a $300 + car payment. On that note.... my next project car will be an Evo 9 or Mugen Si.

The MSP has been retired as a daily for a couple of years now. I love the car, but it's expensive. Very little gains from a lot of money. I'd love to get a legitimate manifold, but paying $500 for a used one or for one of Tom Popes just doesn't seem worth it. Intake manifold is the same way... And if I did pay $600 for a used one, I'd have problems with it like everyone else seems to have.

I've thought about getting back into bikes. Haven't ridden since 2008 when I had a very, very nasty wreck at triple digit speeds. And I have 1-1/2 kids now. Thought about getting back into Jeeps, too. Slower, but just as much fun when I'm crawling over rocks... Then there's the Miata thought that keeps crossing my mind. Get an NB and boost it.

The MSP has been retired as a daily for a couple of years now. I love the car, but it's expensive. Very little gains from a lot of money. I'd love to get a legitimate manifold, but paying $500 for a used one or for one of Tom Popes just doesn't seem worth it. Intake manifold is the same way... And if I did pay $600 for a used one, I'd have problems with it like everyone else seems to have.

I've thought about getting back into bikes. Haven't ridden since 2008 when I had a very, very nasty wreck at triple digit speeds. And I have 1-1/2 kids now. Thought about getting back into Jeeps, too. Slower, but just as much fun when I'm crawling over rocks... Then there's the Miata thought that keeps crossing my mind. Get an NB and boost it.
I got lucky in some regards. The car came with a steedspeed version 2 , 626 manifold, sls midpipe and a few other goodies. The rest of the stuff I've been able to source patiently and for a bargain. Then again I'm only looking to make 250-280 whp on the msp in hopes of keeping it reliable for DD purpose. Regarding bikes.... I ve always wanted one but now with my two girls and wife I can't bring myself to do so. I rode dirt bikes from an early age just never transitioned onto street bikes. It doesn't help that my father in law was hit by a reckless driver while on his bike maybe 9 months after he started riding.

Back