Anyone with a resonator delete?

ScorpioGTX1

:
2012 Mazda 2 GS M/T
I currently have the Racing Beat axle-back and love it, however it's not doing me any favours for power. I want to go to a local shop and get the midpipe replaced with a straight pipe to cut out the secondary cat and hopefully free up a couple horsepower. What I'm debating is whether or not I should get a resonator fitted in there as well. I like the gurgling sounds resonator deletes often make when off-throttle, but I don't want the exhaust to sound too raspy under load. Does anybody with a resonator delete care to chime in?

I currently have the Racing Beat axle-back and love it, however it's not doing me any favours for power. I want to go to a local shop and get the midpipe replaced with a straight pipe to cut out the secondary cat and hopefully free up a couple horsepower. What I'm debating is whether or not I should get a resonator fitted in there as well. I like the gurgling sounds resonator deletes often make when off-throttle, but I don't want the exhaust to sound too raspy under load. Does anybody with a resonator delete care to chime in?

Search Youtube for the Corksport exhaust with racepipe. IMO it doesn't sound raspy at all running a straight pipe.

Actually, I believe the CorkSport exhaust does include a resonator. The racepipe just replaces the secondary cat.

fd7b80d4.jpg

- Stolen from UnZipHer's build thread

I think he never revved above 3,000rpm, it would have been nice to ear it a full throttle all the way to red line.

The Corksport cbe/race pipe would sound mean with the catless header, that's what I'm going for my self

Skip to 3:40 in the video. I never edited it because I just put it up to show my buddy that wanted to here it and was too lazy.

I had a full 2" exhaust made which removed the resonator and the 2nd CAT. in its place I have a magna flow muffler and the exhaust exits out the side of the car. it sounds great but on long 3-4 hour drives it gets annoying.

Same question here. i have a sport muffler from Sebring that gives a slowly sportier sound and i want to change the middle pipe with a bigger diameter and remove the resonator. My problem is if on a regular drive on a highway on 120-130 km/h on 3500-4000 rpm, i will have an annoying interior sound, or it will be a nice one.

Can someone take a pic of the secondary cat for me? I do not think i have one as live in Aus and after the exhaust manifold there only seems to be a resonator and a muffler.

Can someone take a pic of the secondary cat for me? I do not think i have one as live in Aus and after the exhaust manifold there only seems to be a resonator and a muffler.
I don't have a picture of it but you DO have a second cat. You have one on the header then a second down the line just a bit next to the resonator.

look under car, at the start of the exhaust if you see two cylinders one is a cat and one is a resonator, if you only have one cylinder it's a resonator. I know some regions don't include a secondary cat, there was another forum member who had this exact scenario happen and took pics, no secondary cat.

I have the corksport with racepipe (resonator in place of 2nd cat), and its perfect. I would not recommend running without a resonator unless you want the car to be loud. Maybe I'm getting old.

I have the corksport with racepipe (resonator in place of 2nd cat), and its perfect. I would not recommend running without a resonator unless you want the car to be loud. Maybe I'm getting old.

I'm getting old also but my earing is going away so I need more loud to ear my engine lol

Then maybe you should just save money and simply unbolt after the manifold. You'll hear it! And fix your "h" button.

Back