How to connect rear view camera to the HU?

6mazda6

:
2008 Mazda5 GT
Hi guys, i'm need your help! (help)
I'm have 2008 Mazda5 GT with navigation touchscreen head unit.
Anybody know how to connect rear camera to the factory head unit?
What PINs to use for connection?

See pictures Thanks !!!

IMG_1.jpg
IMG_2.jpg
IMG_2_n.jpg
IMG_3.jpg
IMG_4.jpg

Did the camera come with the harness so you can plug the camera to the back of your HU? If you have the harness, the PINs should match one of the connections to the back of you HU. Looking at the pic of the rearview camera, I only noticed the red and yellow cable.

I have been asking the same thing for years. You will need to find someone who can build a custom interface between the navi unit and the RCA cables.

Did the camera come with the harness so you can plug the camera to the back of your HU? ...

It is not the original camera! This camera come with 5m RCA cable (yellow) and 12V power cable (red) (see IMG_6). I plan connect 12V cable (red) to the rear parking light. And RCA cable (yellow) to cut on two wires and connect them to the PINs on the HU. But what PINs I should use for connection??? Maybe somebody have the wiring diagram PINs for Head Unit 2008 Mazda 5 with touch screen ???

IMG_6.jpg

Also see pictures below how connect DVD player to the HU in the Mazda CX-7. I want to make similarly, but with the camera! But in my HU do not preset such Connector pinout as in CX-7 HU (see IMG_13).

IMG_8.jpg
IMG_10.jpg
IMG_12.jpg
IMG_13.jpg

Definitely try to find the wiring diagram for your HU. I don't know which PINs you should use. Comparing img_10 and img_2_n, I would try to use the wider connection that is free in your HU. The connections on your HU and the HU in the CX-7 look similar to me.

Back