The CX-5 LED Lighting Thread

hi guys i want to buy the new mazda cx5 2016 taillight is it plug and play for sure ? i have grand touring 2015 mazda part in my country sell it for around 1200$ -_- and idont want to lost much money for nothing thanks.

Don't install those bulbs. It will wreak havoc to your vehicle's ECU. It will cause nearly all systems to act like something is wrong, making all the warning lights on your dash to turn on. I spend $120 for my local Mazda dealer to diagnose the issue. It all pointed back to these bulbs.

My personal assessment after all that is, these Philips LED bulbs are not compatible with Mazda's design of the electronics on the CX5's. Luckily for me, the merchant I purchased the bulbs from allowed me to return them for a full refund (including shipping).

I ended up buying the OEM 2016 Mazda CX-5 GT LED Taillight assemblies (Left & Right, Inner and Outer) for around $600 for the complete set. Installation was a breeze, and it was all plug-and-play. Very happy with the outcome! OEM is typically always best for form, fit and function!
you mean this taillight ?

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

Another LED Taillights for CX-5 with sequential turn signal.
dde4xy.jpg

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/partsshop4u/revier-cx5-1/

Last edited:
hi guys i swap my old taillight with the new taillight as 2016 model i would like to tell you its fit ok with the same connector wire plug and play it cost me about 800$ and its not an aftermarket made its oem
and now iam thinking does also the new led headllight fit ok ?^

hi guys i swap my old taillight with the new taillight as 2016 model i would like to tell you its fit ok with the same connector wire plug and play it cost me about 800$ and its not an aftermarket made its oem
and now iam thinking does also the new led headllight fit ok ?^
No, they're not!

For all the owners of 2016 CX-5 GT w/tech pkg... what color temperature would you say the LED headlights are? 5K or 6K?
I'd say the light temperature on OEM LED headlights is 4.5K ~ 5K from my estimate.

I would lean towards the 5 to 5.5k seeing the Oem HIDs are 4.3 to 4.5k. Colour temp on LEDs are visibly towards the cooler side.

I changed out my fog lights to 5K LED bulbs and they match up pretty well with the 4.3K HIDs - much more so than the stock incandescent fogs.

I changed out my fog lights to 5K LED bulbs and they match up pretty well with the 4.3K HIDs - much more so than the stock incandescent fogs.

Thanks for the validation. Im waiting on my LED fog bulbs to hopefully arrive tomorrow. Fingers crossed they are 5k as advertised, I don't want any blue in my lights!

Back